Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: End of Maintenance 26 Jan

qawpaw
    have you checked antivir/firewall not blocking the prog.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlequin_1963 View Post
    open ''this pc'' from your start menu , then type "%LocalAppData%\Ubisoft\The Settlers Online\Client" into the address bar ...... in my case it then opens
    Looks the same as mine, only the dates/times are slightly different, no surprise. Mine working fine at the current time.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by cat_flap View Post
    Looks the same as mine, only the dates/times are slightly different, no surprise. Mine working fine at the current time.
    I was replying to https://forum.thesettlersonline.com/...l=1#post361736 , but looks like it glitched and didn't apply as a reply

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    works if you change name to client not client swf and leave old client file

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by dje154 View Post
    works if you change name to client not client swf and leave old client file
    Thankyou dje154....your suggestion seems to have worked. By naming the new swf file Client and not client.swf, it started straight away.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Interesting - there is a setting in Windows explorer to show or not to show the file name extensions, if it is a recognised extension.

This can lead to files getting double extensions (such as client.swf.swf) even though it is displayed in windows explorer as client.swf

I make sure the option to show extensions is enabled to avoid this problem.

On the login status issue I mentioned earlier. I have the habit of leaving my lappie on overnight, with the game logged in.

This morning my game standalone window was open and was working fine. I was able to send explorers, visit others islands, open mails etc etc. However when I looked at the forum (open in a windows tab) I found I had been logged out.

I checked my settlers homepage/download page tab, this also appeared to show me as being logged in. I refreshed this tab and it updated to show me as logged out and then logged me back in automatically (through the white Ubisoft window).

On return to the game standalone window I found that while I could still click on various items, the result was just a message window showing that an action was being attempted, but never completed. I closed the standalone window and restarted it from the blue 'Play Now' button. Standalone window opened and all was ok.

This seems to indicate to me that there is a good chance that one part of the system can think you are logged out while another part thinks you are logged in, which can no doubt lead to all sorts of fun and games. To avoid the problem I would think it would be best to log completely out and log completely back in again if you have the standalone window open for a relatively long period of time while it is not be actively used.

What may be going on if something attempts to update while the system is in this confused state I hate to imagine.......

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    [QUOTE=cat_flap;361768]Interesting - there is a setting in Windows explorer to show or not to show the file name extensions, if it is a recognised extension.

This can lead to files getting double extensions (such as client.swf.swf) even though it is displayed in windows explorer as client.swf

I make sure the option to show extensions is enabled to avoid this problem.

You are right Cat_flap...I found that setting and went back into the file location and all the extensions have shown up. It would've read client.swf.swf making it impossible to work.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hi,

I am fighting with this installation since December. Yesterday I tried to install everything on clear PC. Now the client requires Adobe Air - Why?
    I downloaded the new client.swf and recorded it and client.exe files in Client directory - no success.
    I am on Win 7 Pro 64 bit with Firefox 84.0.2 64 bit with all required updates and shits installed... I tried with Chrome but the results is the same.

Several times I posted about the problems I am facing but nobody answers. It seems that the moderators/support guys/whoever is responsible do not care.
    I am wondering how many players have given up the game...

I am tired of fighting...
    Last edited by koljo; 31.01.21 at 18:18.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Do you have the Adobe Air file in the Client directory that comes with the client download?

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by koljo View Post
    Hi,

I am fighting with this installation since December. Yesterday I tried to install everything on clear PC. Now the client requires Adobe Air - Why?
    I downloaded the new client.swf and recorded it and client.exe files in Client directory - no success.
    I am on Win 7 Pro 64 bit with Firefox 84.0.2 64 bit with all required updates and shits installed... I tried with Chrome but the results is the same.

Several times I posted about the problems I am facing but nobody answers. It seems that the moderators/support guys/whoever is responsible do not care.
    I am wondering how many players have given up the game...

I am tired of fighting...
    Could you please post a screenshot/photo with the error message?

Reply to Thread