Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: End of Maintenance 26 Jan

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    you need to copy the client.swf into the client folder, which should be at %LocalAppData%\Ubisoft\The Settlers Online\Client

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlequin_1963 View Post
    you need to copy the client.swf into the client folder, which should be at %LocalAppData%\Ubisoft\The Settlers Online\Client
    what is the best way to bring that up Harlequin. I tried searching that through my C Drive but no results

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    I seem to have a problem finding the client file when I go to the file location at C:\Users\myusername\AppData\Local\Ubisoft\The Settlers Online\Client.
    I have no problem with C:\Users\myusername\AppData\Local\Ubisoft\The Settlers Online. Once there the client folder is available. In that is Adobe Air, META-INF and client.exe. This is where I copy the swf file to. Is this the problem in that my copy of the latest standalone client is not allowing or recognizing the Client folder properly?

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by earlGreySenior View Post
    ditto getting ... Your client could not be updated!
    I'm so sorry, miss you

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland

Lightbulb BB needs more developers

ok , found a solution, see if this works for anyone else.

found the file that kept refusing to download via client and downloaded separately.

i have saved my version of client.swf , it is (9,455,333 bytes) @ https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Sg1...ew?usp=sharing
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaelangelo View Post
    same here....over this crap...cmon BB get it fixed!!!
    It seems to me that BB should hire Harlequin_1963 and Hades

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    OMG hades in blue...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by ambandil View Post
    OMG hades in blue...
    No thankyou dont like smurfs

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaelangelo View Post
    I seem to have a problem finding the client file when I go to the file location at C:\Users\myusername\AppData\Local\Ubisoft\The Settlers Online\Client.
    I have no problem with C:\Users\myusername\AppData\Local\Ubisoft\The Settlers Online. Once there the client folder is available. In that is Adobe Air, META-INF and client.exe. This is where I copy the swf file to. Is this the problem in that my copy of the latest standalone client is not allowing or recognizing the Client folder properly?
    That is where the file should be is where mine is also what size is ur swf file mine is 9k plus kb

in the client folder you should have adobe air folder, META-INF folder client.exe and the troublesome client.swf file
    Last edited by hades8840; 29.01.21 at 08:39.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    replying to https://forum.thesettlersonline.com/...l=1#post361736

open ''this pc'' from your start menu , then type "%LocalAppData%\Ubisoft\The Settlers Online\Client" into the address bar ...... in my case it then opens

Last edited by Harlequin_1963; 29.01.21 at 12:36.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    open ''this pc'' from your start menu , then type "%LocalAppData%\Ubisoft\The Settlers Online\Client" into the address bar ...... in my case it then opens

that pic it looks as it should be if it is still not working only suggestion i can say is keep the swf file and delete the entire folder and retry if still not working go to the first folder and take a pic of each folder so we can compare whats in urs compared to us that it works so we can see if there is a difference

Reply to Thread