Thread: [Feedback] macOS / 32 Bit System Announcement

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Seamus1 View Post
    Compensation?!?
    The game is free to play, gem options are just that, optional
    Also, BB gives compensations as in-game resources or extras
    Since those players can't log-in/play... where would the compensation go??

The only reasonable thing to expect is for the game to work
    They had time enough to fix it, but their laziness and overall contempt for us players made sure this would never happen.
    you are wrong, oh so wrong!
    compensation is due alright, since people are not able to play the game because of the dev's incompetence.
    and when i say compensation, i dont mean money of course, i mean content ingame, because people have lost one event where free content was up for grabs but players were not able to get it because of the dev's incompetence, so yes, players not being able to partake in said events and getting more content should be made whole by receiving content from those events, meaning gens, explorers, buildings and whatnot.
    plus, valentines event, the surprise event and possibly the easter event will all be missed, so yes, compensation is most definitely due!!!

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Seamus1 View Post
    Compensation?!?
    The game is free to play, gem options are just that, optional
    Also, BB gives compensations as in-game resources or extras
    Since those players can't log-in/play... where would the compensation go??

The only reasonable thing to expect is for the game to work
    They had time enough to fix it, but their laziness and overall contempt for us players made sure this would never happen.
    I am talking about in-game compensation seamus, when this "technical problem" problem will be solved and players will come back to TSO. On that time they must get in-game compensation.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    There are plenty of people still using computers 15+ years old, there are still plenty of games being released which run fine on computers this old too. This is partly why support periods for products becoming shorter before you are forced to buy new is becoming a greater issue recently. If you open task manager, look at how many processes are still 32bit, its probably almost half of them so 32bit isn't going away soon.

Until the unity client is released, they should just allow the old flash version to still work, you can still install and use hacked versions of the flash player. Whilst it is a security risk, anyone running a pc which is incapable of running the new client is likely already running a security compromised system anyway (and has been for a long time without issue).

qawpaw
    maby you are right but not on my pc
    Last edited by qawpaw; 30.01.21 at 20:03.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    There are a number of people within guild that already could not play... and now, more people since the update are unable to play. But, BB is still going to say they're "working on it" while having Gem Happy Hour.

Really, really, really, from a business standpoint, I don't get it. The Chaotic in me says you really do just want us to all quit.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    There are also people, including myself, manage to play a bit (as circumstances allow that) from Monday to Friday at work's Windows PC and unable to play from home's MacOS, the loss is much more moderate but we are getting away from enjoying the game, buying gems and getting close to the inevitable abandon of the Settlers Online...

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I am on 64 bit Linux system, so I do not mind 64 bit client. However how about Linux client? Not all Linux applications are open source, as many are proprietary too. Is BB even considering working on Linux client?

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    i am glad that at least they came out and said the truth finally, a Mac version as promised wont be released anytime soon, if ever.
    but still, i just wanted to leave this here, as it's bugging me quite a bit, triple A games are made in less than 4 years, and BB failed miserably at it, and they just had to transition the game from one platform to a different one, and they had 4 years to do so, and they couldn't?????
    what are bb's programmers doing all day i wonder?

you guys suck at your job…

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sarmatian View Post
    I am on 64 bit Linux system, so I do not mind 64 bit client. However how about Linux client? Not all Linux applications are open source, as many are proprietary too. Is BB even considering working on Linux client?
    On the German forums BB already said weeks ago that no temporary Linux version is planned and people will have to wait for the Unity version or use the user provided guides.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Didn't have time to try. Isn't it possible to play on Linux via virtualization software?

Reply to Thread