Reply to Thread

Thread: Help with legacy to Ubisoft Migration

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

Help with legacy to Ubisoft Migration

Hey Guys, I need some help

I think I screwed up when migrating my account. I looked at the guide and I think when I should have canceled the new account creation, I actually ended up creating a new profile in the Ubisoft login. So now I've got a level 1 account under the Ubisoft login and my regular account under Legacy.

I can't simply migrate as it give me an error. The only solution seems to be to delete the profile under the Ubisoft Log in and to try the migration again following the guide but I don't want to screw up further and end up deleting my entire account. Is there a guide published for fixing this problem? It wasn't one of the solutions in the guide for converting over

Thanks

Brutus

Edit: I went back and read thru the instructions again and found the solution. Must have missed it all the other times.
    have to delete the level 1 account. takes 2 weeks for the deletion to take effect before you can migrate
    so if anyone else comes in here with same problem looking for a solution, make note of that 2 week lag. Forced changeover is Feb 27 so if you wait until last day, you might be locked out for 2 weeks
    Last edited by Brutus1234; 29.01.21 at 01:42.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thanks for posting this, I have had a look at the instructions and have a couple of questions you may be able to answer as you have been thru this procedure.

The original post is below

You can also remove the wrong "Level 1 account" from your Ubisoft account so that you can use it for merge.
    * Go to profile settings on our home page
    * Delete your wrong lv1 TSO profile (please note: this will take 14 days)

Am I right in assuming when they say
    - Log into to your wrong level 1 account - This means to log in, via Ubisoft login (the white sign in pane) to your level 1 TSO account
    -Go to profile setting on our home page - This mean to hit the 'My Profile' on the menu on The Settlers Online homepage (the menu above the blue PLAY NOW button.

Thanks

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by cat_flap View Post
    Thanks for posting this, I have had a look at the instructions and have a couple of questions you may be able to answer as you have been thru this procedure.

The original post is below

You can also remove the wrong "Level 1 account" from your Ubisoft account so that you can use it for merge.
    * Go to profile settings on our home page
    * Delete your wrong lv1 TSO profile (please note: this will take 14 days)

Am I right in assuming when they say
    - Log into to your wrong level 1 account - This means to log in, via Ubisoft login (the white sign in pane) to your level 1 TSO account
    -Go to profile setting on our home page - This mean to hit the 'My Profile' on the menu on The Settlers Online homepage (the menu above the blue PLAY NOW button.

Thanks
    yes, that's it.
    i've done the same with another account. cancelled facebook(wait a few hrs for an email to come) , deleted l1 under ubisoft, merged from legacy.
    at the end of all this, that account got the extra "cancel facebook login" bundle from BB so all together simple and rewarding

i'd suggest everyone to login in their UBISOFT login now, before the event starts, delete their L1 account (if any),
    wait for 2 weeks, and then merge from legacy to Ubisoft after event is ending (in the 3rd week or when you remember)
    Last edited by JohnRo79; 31.01.21 at 11:03.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Rather than waiting 2 weeks, go to the level 1 account login page, select My Profile and then select delete account - that gets that out the way for you in 2 weeks. Now go to the correct account login page, select my Profile again and select Change email. Enter the new info as requested - you may/may not get a confirmation email from BB, my son didn't. Once you know the new email login is working follow the Ubisoft change over again, job done and can play the event.

Reply to Thread