Reply to Thread

Thread: Can't Migrate to Ubisoft

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland

Can't Migrate to Ubisoft

I have been trying to migrate my account since before Christmas. I followed the instructions given, and kept getting the message that "this account has already been linked and can't be used again." The only other account I have is on Ares server. I even tried using a different email address, to no avail. Support told me I needed to contact Ubisoft Support. I did that, and Ubisoft Support told me they couldn't help me, it was up to TSO Support. I decided to leave it till after the Christmas event and tried again this week. Again, it won't link and gives the same message as before. I've sent two more tickets to TSO Support. Neither one has had any reply at all, not even the automated reply. In the past, I've always found TSO Support to be helpful and quick to respond, but now they don't even answer.

So what are we supposed to do? This was posted in Global on Ares Server by Mod Arylide (sorry if the spelling is incorrect): "From February 25th, all old legacy accounts will automatically be prompted to migrate to Ubisoft Connect to ensure that you can continue playing in the future. You can already switch your account to Ubisoft Connect at any time - you can find a detailed step-by-step instruction HERE."

But the procedure as posted doesn't work for me, and nobody can tell me why it doesn't work or what to do about it.

This is beyond frustrating.

I like this game - obviously, since I play on 2 servers - but at this point it seems like the company is trying to drive people away from the game.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Make a totally fresh Gmail account, then go to login page, select 'My Profile' and then select change email. You may/may not get a confirmation email from TSO - my son didn't. This will change the email linked to your TSO account to one that has never existed and so cannot be linked to a Ubi account either. Then go through the migrate to Ubi account as per the guide and since Ubi has never seen that email it cannot possibly already be linked to a Ubi account.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    If you play on 2 servers you have to have 2 different UBIConnect accounts. Only one TSO acc can be associated per UBI acc.

That's why it will say that. Also make sure you didn't accidentally create anew Lvl1 acc while doing this.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowBlizz View Post
    If you play on 2 servers you have to have 2 different UBIConnect accounts. Only one TSO acc can be associated per UBI acc.

That's why it will say that. Also make sure you didn't accidentally create anew Lvl1 acc while doing this.
    Is that two servers in the same version of the game ie northisle or newfoundland? or on two servers on diff country versions

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Need different emails for same area server, so one for Northisle, one for Newfoundland and one for Sandycove, can use same one for other country versions, so could use the Northisle one for Zeus and the Nefoundland for Ares as example

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Need different emails for same area server, so one for Northisle, one for Newfoundland and one for Sandycove, can use same one for other country versions, so could use the Northisle one for Zeus and the Nefoundland for Ares as example
    My guildy at least couldn't get the Zeus/ares and Northisle to work on same account. I can't vouch for ability and willingness to figure it out.

It may matter if one of the accounts originates off Facebook. Which was the case for guildy.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thanks for the replies and for giving me way more help than BB has given!

Lordloocan, I never realized I needed 2 different email accounts. Both accounts have always been on the same email. I followed your instructions and it worked! Well, sort of. Now I think both accounts have been migrated, but I can't play them both on the same browser for some reason (which I've always done). The Ares one won't load at all on my usual browser. Fortunately it works with another browser, so I can still play both and I think both have been migrated. I wish I knew why Ares will no longer load on my usual browser, though.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Schipperke View Post
    I wish I knew why Ares will no longer load on my usual browser, though.
    Because whichever browser you're using is "busy" with one client so cannot be activated for any other?

I would have thought that you'd need to log off from one account before switching servers but if it works having 2 clients through 2 different browsers, then great

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    This thread on the US forums might be of use for running 2 clients

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Schipperke View Post
    Thanks for the replies and for giving me way more help than BB has given!

Lordloocan, I never realized I needed 2 different email accounts. Both accounts have always been on the same email. I followed your instructions and it worked! Well, sort of. Now I think both accounts have been migrated, but I can't play them both on the same browser for some reason (which I've always done). The Ares one won't load at all on my usual browser. Fortunately it works with another browser, so I can still play both and I think both have been migrated. I wish I knew why Ares will no longer load on my usual browser, though.
    My pleasure. Re 2 worlds at same time that would mean running 2 clients at the same time and, as per the US thread, the only way I can see round that is to use a VM (Virtual Machine) such as sandiebox. I play on 4 different worlds and for now am simply logging into 3 to do the basics and then coming here to my main - another poorly thought out 'feature' of using a client system.

Reply to Thread