Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Removing Access via Facebook

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    i've helped migrating a few accounts from facebook to legacy and then to ubisoft (with also getting the gift pack for doing so)

i had to have under facebook an email address that hasn't been used on TSO.
    once that was done, i've cancelled the facebook link
    after 2-3 hrs i've received a pssword setup email
    and there i was. the game account that was under facebook login was migrated to an unused new legacy account (username was the email under facebook)

as legacy won't be used much longer i suggest you use a random email .

after you have legacy sorted, you have to migrate it to UBISOFT
    once again, if you have an UBISOFT account that has a wrong level game account in , you have to delete it and wait 2weeks till it's done .

but if you want a quick migration to ubisoft then:

1. login to legacy where you have the game account you've played on recently (the one you've migrated from facebook to)
    2. go to my profile and click migrate
    3. AND NOW IS WHERE IT CAN GET COMPLICATED OR EASY
    if you create a new ubisoft account under the migration process, then migration is done. you'll have the new ubisoft account with your game account linked up and ready to go

But if you wanna use an old ubisoft account, you then have to delete the game account that's under it, again 2 weeks time and then you migrate it in.

not confusing at all, is it?

Spoiler

being lazy and raising another topic about a problem that was previously debated and guided by BB and other players,
    will not only create confusion but will also slow things down.
    Last edited by JohnRo79; 20.02.21 at 17:41.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thanks for the post JohnRo79. I currently have my Settlers account linked to Facebook and have been putting off unlinking because of several people complaining that the password setup email simply doesn't arrive.

Hope you'll be able to answer a further question, which is actually about facebook itself, so apologies if you don't know the answer.

The question is - 'the email address that hasn't been used under TSO' : can this be an *additional* email under facebook or does it have to replace my main one, and if the latter, can I revert to my 'normal' email under facebook once this is all done.

Thanks in advance.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by prehensile View Post
    Thanks for the post JohnRo79. I currently have my Settlers account linked to Facebook and have been putting off unlinking because of several people complaining that the password setup email simply doesn't arrive.

Hope you'll be able to answer a further question, which is actually about facebook itself, so apologies if you don't know the answer.

The question is - 'the email address that hasn't been used under TSO' : can this be an *additional* email under facebook or does it have to replace my main one, and if the latter, can I revert to my 'normal' email under facebook once this is all done.

Thanks in advance.

i believe it has to be the main one.
    so if you'll change your main to a random new one and then unlink TSO, you'll get that email in a few hrs time.

just post your experience in one thread so more could somehow get the benefit from it too
    Last edited by JohnRo79; 20.02.21 at 22:51.

World
    Sandycove
    I had no problems doing this. I do not know how long it took for the email to arrive, as I was out shopping and it was there when I came home. But I was out only 2-3 hours.

Have people checked that the email registered on Facebook is the email they are using?
    Last edited by Dragavon; 22.02.21 at 08:16.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Just for information, to complete my tale of woe (which does have a happy ending!). All times are UK.

Sat 20th / Sun 21st [don't recall exactly when] - I raised a Support ticket based on the advice of a guild colleague since it seemed quite likely there'd be problems.

Sun 21st 22:43 - Support replied to my ticket basically repeating what was in the 'Ubisoft Guide - Step by Step' thread in News & Announcements.

Mon 22nd 11:00 ish - I made the FB change to 'unlink' TSO from FB which seemed to work ok

Tue 23rd midday ish - about 24 hours later, no 'change password' email/link had arrived. I emailed Support asking for further help / clarification.

Tue 23rd 23:19 - Reply from Support suggesting that my 'departnerization' (from Facebook) had not been successful but stating that they'd completed it for me and a 'change password' email was on the way.

Tue 23rd/Wed 24th 00:00 - email from Support with link to set new password.

Wed 24th 11:00 ish - tried to use the link but received error message 'The password reset link is invalid. ...'. I then tried clearing Settlers tabs and clearing cache from the browser (Chrome) but still the link would not work.

Wed 24th 11:11 - email sent to Support mentioning the above and asking for any other possible courses of action I could take. I also mentioned that I still had a Facebook link intact to 'Ubisoft' as opposed to 'The Settlers Online (UK)' and wondered if this might be an issue.

Wed 24th 23:10 - email from Support stating that the Ubisoft FB entry was unlikely to be an issue and stating that they'd sent two further links and finally suggesting that it would be worth simply trying the 'forgot your password' link from the Settlers login page if neither link worked.

Wed 24th / Thu 25th 00:00 - two emails from Support, one looking exactly like the previous one ('Transfer Your Account ...') and the second with the heading 'Reset Your Password ...'. The second one also stated that the link was only valid for 1 hour - a bit frustrating reading that 9 hours later but I pressed on ...

Thu 25th 09:00 ish - tried the 2 links, first one gave exactly the same error as before, 2nd one failed but with a different error stating that it had expired.

Thu 25th 09:20 ish - used the 'forgot your password' link from Settlers login page

Thu 25th 10:00 - another reset password email arrived, auto generated I assume.

Thu 25th 10:15 ish - most recently received link worked !!

Fri 26th 15:00 ish - decided to push my luck and complete the migration process by connecting TSO to my Ubisfoft account. Worked first time and I received an email in-game with some nice goodies included.

So I was unable to login from approx midday Monday until approx 10:30 Thursday but all seems to be sorted now.

Thanks to Paul at Support for his patience in trying to help me through the process.

One suggestion I'd make is that if the sending out of password change links is on a timer (this appeared to be the case since they were all sent at 00:00 UK time apart from the last one) then midday would be a much better time, especially if the links only have limited time to expiry.

World
    Northisle
    English speaking support seem to work the midnight shift. I got my emails at 2am my time, midnight UK. I would have missed Xmas event had I not been stubborn and got late habits.

It's kinda daft that support only seems to reply in the middle of the night.

Reply to Thread