Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] End of the World Event 2021

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeli View Post
    just over a day to go and we're still on bronze tier, doesn't look promising
    There are no numbers for today and probably wont be any for tomorrow as the numbers thing is probably a manual check or a fixed curve on an excel sheet by employee X who has left the "office" for the weekend. I guess we will see real or fabricated results on Monday but I'm not sure if BB can afford people to get any more angry as they already are for the no effort event and last minute reward changes on top of the client problems and missing Unity status. Maybe the Friday cliffhanger results are part of the plan... and on Monday the result will be something like +202-210% and BB will congratulate us all on a successful weekend push to the gold even if all just sat there watching (red) paint dry

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Durin_d View Post
    Changing the rewards 3 days before the event ends is too late to add interest for it.
    It is because I complained about having too many generals, so the added another one. So, I'm up to 61.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    It's true. MMA is more interesting reward, but would hardly be incentive even if known from the beginning. Unfortunately the event was very poorly designed, but since nobody knows what is going on with the numbers we can still get MMA anyway. Nobody can check if we really made it, or BB just gave us grace gift to make us happy. Whichever way we get MMA, if we do get him, I won't send him away

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Message on the German forum posted today by BB. So who knows we get gold with this ehm poor event.
    Translated with google.

On Friday and Saturday, the Gold Trophy was still within the scope of the possible and thus also the added MDK. Many people simply forget that it is not just an achievement by "Germany", but worldwide and here in relation to active players. It should be clear that there will be more games on the weekend.

But as you may have seen at the last event of this kind (and no, I don't mean the end of the world event from 2012!), We won't talk nicely about that. If the settlers do not manage to achieve the specified values, we will not add any numbers.

But it corresponds to the fact that I have no one here on the weekend who can calculate the exact percentages for the "worldwide" activity. Yesterday I was able to record an increase based on the German numbers and write it down "roughly". Today I cannot and will not anticipate this, because in the end I cannot make a 100% statement here and "estimates" do not bring anything to anyone or are ultimately seen again as "promises", which I cannot vouch for this time. The text in the main topic will therefore not be updated today.

But what I can say in general is that all settlers were much more active "on" at the weekend and played just as many adventures. Whether it was enough or not

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    The first time I did this I got around 22K xp, and again the next time. I put a premium on and did a few over the weekend because it was easy xp. I used exactly the same troops every time - and yet the last 3 I did I only got 13K xp and this included the additional xp for the premium buff. Surely this can't be right? If I'd known the XP was going to go down I'd have saved my premium. Feel I've just wasted it.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    That's weird Cully, with the 3x XP the standard adv should have given over 24k, as the original had around 8k xp (a bit more actually).
    Looking at your figures, it looks like the last 3 advs didn't apply the 3X event xp bonus, as 8k plus 50% would give you around 13k as you saw.
    Think this must have bugged out for you as I know you wouldn't have "skipped" half the sectors and not noticed.

For future reference, by going slowly and using Gen Tremblebeard and a skilled up Mary, I got it up to 44,405xp without using premium. Could have got that a bit higher but was too tempting to knock off an hour or so by nuking Sector 9 and splitting forces for a 2-pronged attack.

Unfortunately, even though this was my favourite event which I'd been longing to do again, it was badly messed up by poor information and lack of progress reporting. Also was held back by the limitations of the client, previously I could run the same adv on 3-5 servers simultaneously, doesn't need much extra concentration with the repetitive camps so could only do 1 at a time. With this horrible Covid/bronchitis combo making me fall asleep at the comp so often, was hideously slow progress.

Really hope BB keep it at 24k xp and loot as the old map was terribly undervalued at 8k and no loot at all.
    That would make it about 75% as rewarding as SotV which is same difficulty level and similar size.
    Last edited by Nogbad; 15.03.21 at 05:40.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MeneerHepatica View Post
    Message on the German forum posted today by BB. So who knows we get gold with this ehm poor event.
    Translated with google.

On Friday and Saturday, the Gold Trophy was still within the scope of the possible and thus also the added MDK. Many people simply forget that it is not just an achievement by "Germany", but worldwide and here in relation to active players. It should be clear that there will be more games on the weekend.

But as you may have seen at the last event of this kind (and no, I don't mean the end of the world event from 2012!), We won't talk nicely about that. If the settlers do not manage to achieve the specified values, we will not add any numbers.

But it corresponds to the fact that I have no one here on the weekend who can calculate the exact percentages for the "worldwide" activity. Yesterday I was able to record an increase based on the German numbers and write it down "roughly". Today I cannot and will not anticipate this, because in the end I cannot make a 100% statement here and "estimates" do not bring anything to anyone or are ultimately seen again as "promises", which I cannot vouch for this time. The text in the main topic will therefore not be updated today.

But what I can say in general is that all settlers were much more active "on" at the weekend and played just as many adventures. Whether it was enough or not
    Maybe they are more active and do more, because someone bothers to tell them what is going on? - Maybe that was an idea for BB in the future? - same level of information on all servers - I would like that very much.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Wow shocked to see we achieved Silver but as for the World Rankings per server - Nope, I'm not shocked as they mean nothing. If you was to publish the World Rankings along with the number of active players per server (or even just a %) then that would mean something.

As it is, the top 14 servers are all German. Am I surprised by that? Of course not, they are the servers that always seem to be at an advantage with the information sharing they get and the benefits they get. Will I be surprised when the German servers continue to out perform ours on gem sales and other gifts? No, just disappointed.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland

Smile Thank you for MMA

Thank you for MMA, Booster Bundle, Improved Farm and other goodies.

But please no more bloody adventures.

World
    Sandycove
    Thank you for the MMA general, the event was bad but your decision to reward us anyway is a good thing. Thanks again

Reply to Thread