Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: [Feedback] End of the World Event 2021

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Yes, thank you BB for the generous gifts. But actually, too generous, please make sure any future "community events" have some kind of cut-off mechanism so that those who didnt really do anything (appropriate to their level), don't get anything at all, and then don't get to rub it in at the end. My first and last community event unless such reward system is announced at the beginning

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by NofolknGood View Post
    Yes, thank you BB for the generous gifts. But actually, too generous, please make sure any future "community events" have some kind of cut-off mechanism so that those who didnt really do anything (appropriate to their level), don't get anything at all, and then don't get to rub it in at the end. My first and last community event unless such reward system is announced at the beginning
    Stop whining did it affect you in anyway if people got the rewards and didn't do anything? The answer is no you still did what you did knowing full well if you did one adv or none of a 100 you all got the same

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by fishslice View Post
    As it is, the top 14 servers are all German. Am I surprised by that? Of course not, they are the servers that always seem to be at an advantage with the information sharing they get and the benefits they get.
    Information can only get you so far in a competition that is, supposedly, about grinding content (although, as some wise man once said, doesnt matter who votes, it matters who counts the votes).

The problem with german servers is half of them is also over a year older than any other language version, which, years ago, meant that players were much better established and could afford more in an event like this, and now it just means they had much more time to get bored and quit (which shows if you actually play there, given the number of trade offers for example).

So whats surprising is that you dont find it surprising that servers, that all things considered, should be almost dead at this point, are winning the competition

But actually, too generous, please make sure any future "community events" have some kind of cut-off mechanism so that those who didnt really do anything (appropriate to their level), don't get anything at all
    but its already in place, its called 'bb rewards system' and if it wasnt for the fact they added MMA to the list of the rewards, 'nothing' would be precisely what everyone would get, because thats what other rewards are valued at
    Last edited by sparkz; 16.03.21 at 06:54.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    As others said, thanks for MMA gift. I am sure especially newer players appreciate that very much, and imo it sort of saved the event which was otherwise not so well executed. To be fair I expected you to give us that MMA one way or the other, which is to say that I believe in good will of you guys from BB. So in the end I think you did quite well given the circumstances and pressure with Unity transit, and I think it boosted the hopes and the spirit of at least some others too. Thanks again.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I really dont care about the rewards. I would have liked something that gave more activity. Like more quests and ach - and something that makes people help each other.

Yes grinding a very poor adventure that makes your eyes hurt is activity. But we have no way of knowing if anyone was counting besides the reports that came during weekdays. When the report came on Monday it was way too late as the event started on Friday. We had no way of knowing if those numbers was just made up or what. And at Monday, many players had already resigned from the event. Most or at least many players stopped after doing one adv, they did not feel any motivation to do a bad adventure for what had no value for players who had played for years.
    For me an mma dos not mean anything - number eleven to clutter the star. But the reward is the least of it, I need something to do. I had been hoping for something like the cultist event we had last year.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by dragoloz View Post
    Stop whining did it affect you in anyway if people got the rewards and didn't do anything? The answer is no you still did what you did knowing full well if you did one adv or none of a 100 you all got the same
    I wasnt the whiner mate. i got my head down and got on with the event, my message was actually about all the others who constantly whined during the event and yet now happily and loudly proclaim their rewards for nothing......and some still whine because they got the rewards, yet happily selling and/or using them

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by fishslice View Post
    Wow shocked to see we achieved Silver but as for the World Rankings per server - Nope, I'm not shocked as they mean nothing. If you was to publish the World Rankings along with the number of active players per server (or even just a %) then that would mean something.

As it is, the top 14 servers are all German. Am I surprised by that? Of course not, they are the servers that always seem to be at an advantage with the information sharing they get and the benefits they get. Will I be surprised when the German servers continue to out perform ours on gem sales and other gifts? No, just disappointed.
    Actually, the 2nd placed server earned it honestly. Germany09 "Schneefeuer" is almost exactly the same age as Newfoundland and we had a point to prove from the 2012 event. We came 3rd that year, paired with the dreadful Germany04 who tried to bully us constantly. The arrogance and attitude of those older servers was unbelievable and being so far advanced really didn't need the extra "help" from BB.
    So we set out to stick it to them this time round, and finished 6 places higher. A lot of the younger servers did better too as did Sandycove here.
    Back in 2012 hardly anybody had unlocked crossbows on there, but they gamely supported Newf and the pair finished well up the field beating quite a few "stronger" pairings.
    Sad to see Poland01 so far down this time, originally they went toe to toe with the overpowered German pairs until the unfair gifts eventually gave the latter a huge advantage, even then they kept at it with the support of many players from UK, Netherlands, France signing up and rushing through the levels to qualify to do a map or two.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
    Information can only get you so far in a competition that is, supposedly, about grinding content (although, as some wise man once said, doesnt matter who votes, it matters who counts the votes).

The problem with german servers is half of them is also over a year older than any other language version, which, years ago, meant that players were much better established and could afford more in an event like this, and now it just means they had much more time to get bored and quit (which shows if you actually play there, given the number of trade offers for example).

So whats surprising is that you dont find it surprising that servers, that all things considered, should be almost dead at this point, are winning the competition

but its already in place, its called 'bb rewards system' and if it wasnt for the fact they added MMA to the list of the rewards, 'nothing' would be precisely what everyone would get, because thats what other rewards are valued at
    Actually, a lot didn't even get time to get bored.
    I saw the same comments in chat across multiple worlds, when it became obvious that explorers weren't going to find any maps and no feedback was forthcoming from BB, loads just gave it up as a bad job.
    The quirks of the client didn't help matters either with problems switching between maps, the inability to have guides tabbed and easy to get to, and not being able to play multiple worlds simultaneously really slowed things down.
    Surprisingly, and I think this was a first, not a sniff of a gem sale during an event with several tasty packages on offer.
    This was my favourite event in the near 9 years I've been playing, but was a complete mess this time around.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Reply to Thread