Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ubisoft support issue

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove

ubisoft support issue

i don't know where to report this but can someone at settlers online explain to ubisoft how settlers online works? i have tried and failed to link my legacy account to my ubisoft account so reported the problem to settlers support who said they can't help and i need to contact ubisoft support. i contacted ubisoft support and they told me to contact settlers support. when i explained that they had referred me to them they asked for the activation key from when i purchased settlers online!
    i have spent several years and a lot of money in building my island so i really don't want to start as a new settler once the game is available on unity platform an my legacy account stops working. i followed the instructions given to link the accounts but it just tells me that the ubisoft account is already linked to another account! unfortunately i don't know what account it is linked to and ubisoft are being less than helpful when i explain patiently for the umpteenth time that the only purchase i have made is for in game resources and i have given them over and over again the email address that i used for both legacy and ubisoft accounts (it is the same one) and the user name for each of the accounts.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue1000 View Post
    i followed the instructions given to link the accounts but it just tells me that the ubisoft account is already linked to another account! unfortunately i don't know what account it is linked to
    The account linked is with 90% certainty a lvl1 account created by mistake following the guidelines they give. A lot of people have that problem.
    I wish I could find the thread with suggestions to work around it. IIRC need to log in with your ubisoft account and delete the lvl1 account, takes 2 weeks and try again. It gets confused if you are logged into both at the same time IIRC when trying to move over.

World
    Northisle
    login to legacy
    click migrate
    create a new ubisoft account through the migration process
    job done

(this is explained in all guides but many are failing in following it)

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnRo79 View Post
    login to legacy
    click migrate
    create a new ubisoft account through the migration process
    job done

(this is explained in all guides but many are failing in following it)
    i have not failed to follow the guide - i followed it to the letter. i cannot create a new ubisoft account as i only have one email address and you are not allowed more than one ubisoft account for each email address

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowBlizz View Post
    The account linked is with 90% certainty a lvl1 account created by mistake following the guidelines they give. A lot of people have that problem.
    I wish I could find the thread with suggestions to work around it. IIRC need to log in with your ubisoft account and delete the lvl1 account, takes 2 weeks and try again. It gets confused if you are logged into both at the same time IIRC when trying to move over.
    thanks for the advice SnowBlizz - what is IIRC? i will suggest deleting my ubisoft account to ubisoft support when they next contact me if they haven't been able to resolve my problem

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    You can delete it yourself. I dont think support will respond and help - I tried- did not get any help besides the usual bot answers. I had a similar problem because I had multiple emails involved and a very old inactive settlers account I did not know either password or nick for. Log in - go to the my profile page, delete the account. The wait 2 weeks and try merging again. Avoid at all cost to create new and find the well hidden merge to existing option.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

World
    Northisle
    thanks for the advice SnowBlizz - what is IIRC? i will suggest deleting my ubisoft account to ubisoft support when they next contact me if they haven't been able to resolve my problem
    there's another guide that deals with how to delete an account under Ubisoft.
    look at them and let us know if you find it. let's hope you won't fail
    (it's the same advice you were given 10 days ago that you didn't follow. maybe this time)

or PM if you'd like and we'll go step-by-step
    Last edited by JohnRo79; 07.03.21 at 12:27.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    i had exactly the same problem,to overcome this,i created a new email address specific to the ubisoft account, obviously i noted it down, as im always forgetting passwords and the like. i then created a new ubisoft account using this new email address, and merged it with my legacy account. hope this helps

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    thanks to all those who have offered advice rather than criticising me for not following guidance - i did follow all guidance given. if ubisoft don't resolve the problem this week then i have asked them to delete the account as suggested and wait the 14 days before i start again. i am still concerned that ubisoft don't understand the way the game works

World
    Northisle
    i am still concerned that ubisoft don't understand the way the game works
    No need to be concerned. Rest assured that they do not have the first clue about their own game(s). Players been saying it for years.

Reply to Thread