Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Easter Event 2021

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    we've been crying out for a better system in bookbinder for years and years. instead you gave us tribs and enabled us to make them in rph.

so why are you bombarding us with speed buffs? If u tried playing the game yourselves u too would soon have mountains of glue in ur star menu that u will never use coz its pointless. give it up bb plz, and stop giving obscure deifnitions of items that confuse us (and con us), something else u have been doing for years and years!

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hey all,

Some updates if you haven't seen them on the forum yet:

1. Easter Quest line stuck

We're aware of this issue, but if you experience this issue, please contact our support team directly, they will be able to help you.

We plan to resolve the issue by awarding any "missed" Easter Event Achievements in a future update. Please keep an eye on our usual channels e.g. website, forum, social media etc, for more information soon.
    2. Love Statue Buff

After investigation, we found that it was indeed just a localization error, especially as no "new buff" was announced. With the upcoming version update, the localization will be adjusted so that this buff works as intended (no longer output +!). We have read and noted the wishes about a "buff with output+". It Will be reviewed, but we cannot specify a timeframe. However, the lovers statue will remain as it is with an adjusted/fixed localization.

If you still have any concerns/issues please contact our support team directly.
    3. Spacious Storehouse "Check" button checks for 2019 achievements

It's just a visual error. In fact, it works for the achievements of 2021.
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 16.04.21 at 13:48.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Is there an issue with support as I sent a message via the settlers online support form but have not had an automated response back

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by yxxxx View Post
    Is there an issue with support as I sent a message via the settlers online support form but have not had an automated response back
    the support option doesnt seem to work its best to direct email them on account.support@thesettlersonline.com

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    TY BB nice event, as for the stuff for gems, if we want the game to keep being developed then somebody has to pay. Keep up the good work and looking forward to Unity

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    great event well say great I lost interest due to game freezing and having to refresh so much when it looked like it was working yet no action was recorded... but apart from that great event go all I wanted had to add the LOVERS STATUE to the list due to the fact you should of pointed out the cupid arrow being unlimited use that makes a huge difference in its value

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    Sometimes events start out great but become a bit of a chore. This one didn't & the event calendar, egg drop, market offerings etc were good. Thanks.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    Hey all,

1. Easter Quest line stuck

Contacted support in previous years, wasn't "compensated" for this bug.
    For pity's sake, it's been there for 3 years now and I asked you to check for it in this very forum before the event started.
    That particular quest line has an "undefined text" in its title header, if it goes into "waiting quests" the game does not recognise it so it remains stuck as waiting for evermore. This is such a simple thing to fix yet you still allow it to cause misery, anyone with a text editor could fix it inside of 30 seconds. Until you do so, the only way to avoid it is to make sure each quest chain is completed within 5 days, so it can never go into "waiting", but with the random selection, a player might get a very lengthy quest line as their first, when there aren't enough eggs in game to trade away the "acquire xxx eggs portion", and producing 1500 gold ore takes time, the gold mines are very slow.
    (While you're looking at undefined texts, do so for every new general introduced in the last 3 years, they're all named "undefined text" in the battle reports and have no avatar. This is a likely cause of generals going missing between maps, the game doesn't know who they are so they disappear into a digital void along with any troops assigned to them.)

I'd also like to know why the Germans got extra time before Phase 1 ended.
    OK it was only about 15 minutes but this proved to be vital. I managed to complete the final PC camps on all 3 UK servers, but on the next due, France2, the final camp spawned with just 7 minutes remaining on the timer, and the client lagging and freezing badly.
    The final general with the killer attack was crossing the bridge when the timer hit 0 and the camp just vanished.
    I then switched to Germany9 and even after the frustration of hitting Play multiple times before the client started, I got into the game and there was still 11 minutes left on the timer. Although the camp wasn't due to spawn for another hour and a half, this still left me ample time for the "Lend a hand" quest to spawn, make 4 more Truces and hop from friend to friend until I found an unkilled camp.
    Could have done the same on the other server if they'd had that extra time too, and killed off the camp for even more eggs.
    Seems the "most favoured nation" status is still in place.

There also still seems to be an inconsistency in when the first Easter collectables actually spawn, taking these 3 servers as an example, Newfoundland spawned eggs as collectables on the 2nd spawn after event started, on both Northisle and Sandycove, the 2nd spawns were also "non-event" and I wasn't able to properly start until the next day with the 3rd spawn, some 24 hours later than Newfoundland. On those 2 worlds, I only just scraped the collectables achievement on the last spawn, yet had finished it 2 days earlier on Newfoundland.
    There shouldn't be these inconsistencies, us "night owls" already are at a disadvantage with your unannounced maintenances.

Lastly, with most home islands totally full with buildings, there's not enough space to place enough garrisons to use the combat option on the PC camps.
    This part of the event needs rethinking, we shouldn't need to delete buildings or fields to place generals, nor be forced to launch attacks from Sectors 8 and 9.

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    Hey all,

3. Spacious Storehouse "Check" button checks for 2019 achievements

Not just a "visual error", it takes you to the 2019 achievements. We cannot quickly check our progress from the button within the Storehouse, we have to manually navigate to the 2021 achievements section to see where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by yxxxx View Post
    I'd suggest checking spam folder in case you haven't already done so, adding "account.support@thesettlersonline.com" to your email contacts is also a good move.
    Also check to see if your email address was verified with this site.
    However, there was a long standing problem with The Settlers not mailing newsletters, offers etc... to a large number of players and that's why we stopped getting gifts and codes via email, now they're ingame mails.
    Of the 5 worlds I play, 4 used to get all or most mails, but 1 stubbornly refused to get any offers.

The ticketing system has been cranky for many years now, I do get an automated response soon after creating a ticket, sadly it's to inform me that the ticket has now been closed, even before support have even responded to it. Then I cannot reply, instead I have to create a new ticket, quoting the reference number of the first, and of course the system then closes that prematurely, which in a lengthy query where support require evidence or more information, later tickets can be quoting 6 or 7 previous reference numbers before you even get to write a reply, and by that time it's almost impossible for support or myself to track back through the original enquiry.

I also experienced another nasty bug this event, I had an MMA specially set up with skills to take down the "Alex" and "Bob" leaders in the PC camps.
    He successfully took them down in the first two instances, then inexplicably started to lose the battles and many expensive troops had to be rebuilt.
    Further investigation showed that he'd lost all skill books that had made him so useful and was now just a plain, vanilla MMA.
    I can't have deleted them intentionally or by accident, otherwise the books lost would now be available again (or 50% of them if gems hadn't been taken) but there were no "spare" codices or books to be seen.
    Very expensive and time consuming to remake these, on top of all the steel swords, crossbows and other resources needed to replace the lost troops.
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 21.04.21 at 14:33. Reason: double post x3
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Had an supprise yesterday, sent off my general to finish off the Party Crackers before CET10.00 and they won the battle.

...but won not a single item for the struggle; on Sunday I did the same and they came back with 100 eggs. Nothing on the final battle.

Concert Hall comes in handy when I use the boost for producing troops for my generals, and as slow as my level 7 Barracs is on topping up my generals, that was needed. Long wait between use of the Concert Hall but at times the Mountain Climbers boost kick it in the Barracs and troops are still made faster than Skunkmaster Flash-boost can provide.

Nowhere near obtaining the housing facility mentioned before the event but perhaps if I had forsaken all else thru the event I could have been. -Shall get it next time, for as others have mentioned there is getting less and less space on Sandycove Island

-In fact, I recall having blown up both the football ("soccer") field, the 2016 Soccer Trophy and the 2017 Soccer Trophy some years ago due to lack of island space.
    Any way of having TECH squad reading thru my history to get those treats back ? Also I would like to know when I started up on thisgame. I have a reciept from a ingame purchase in January 2013.

My five cents.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    it was an ok event - but getting kicked out multiple times druing SP+obs made it inpossible to stack 5 ywc + bonus addy on one run because of the loading times, most of the times with a Browser restart (Opera user)

Reply to Thread