Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Out of memory

World
    Newfoundland
    I get this on test Unity too, memory short for web open GL also I have had shortage of memory for Java, they need to add more memory for the game.
    It happens on both Browsers I use Edge and Chrome. The shortage of memory comes up most for web open GL, hopefully more memory will be added so the game can be tested better.
    It takes longer now then at the start of testing to load, I get green isle followed by paths then skeletons of buildings till they finally fully appear. Memory and a lot of timing issues I think, but I'm not a programmer, pleased to see the animation of my Mechanical Man in Excelsior as he throws my well earned crystals in his Tummy, I really miss the animation of Excelsior in the Client. name in test server sandie uk using win10 pro 64 bit.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    No error if disable animals.
    Attached Images

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    I've disabled animals, settlers and smoke animations and still get this at least once a day.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I confirm.

Anyway, I am not surprised by this problem. FlashPlayer version had the same problem. The longer you played, the more computer memory the game consumed.
    They made their own client and the problem still exists today.
    Now there are memory limitations in the units and the problem goes all the way, but of course the programmers will believe that the problem is with the players.
    Or maybe it would be enough to release the reserved resource in the memory after each recreated animation of an animal or a man walking on an island? ... I'm just guessing. Probably programmers have their theories ...
    Last edited by SirAdamsPL; 17.05.21 at 17:13. Reason: PS

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    A year later and the same error still occurs. No regression testing?
    I am a legend

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Yea pain to play via browser with general jumping whole time and these ZR and not to mention "out of memory" issues whole time.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Part of the issue was the size of queues in various buildings, Harbor, Snack stand, etc. If you have they queued up for years then they can cause out of memory issues.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    On island no issues what so ever it on addys

Reply to Thread