World
    Newfoundland

Out of Memory

After hanging around on my island for a while I get the following message:

http://prntscr.com/127krdo

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Got this three times.. The memory usage goes up to 2GB immediately, and everything is very laggy and unplayable.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    I had this too

qawpaw
    same here but only on mac so far

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I also got this on Windows 10 x64. I only opened the tab and let it be there. After 10-20 minutes i got the message error from the 1st post.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Also got "Out of memory" and everything locked up and couldn't do anything. Had to back out and reload.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    They probably don't "null" objects that are no longer used in the code. I'm guessing they just let "old" objects like lists stay in memory instead of nulling them, that will cause memory to fill up rapidly.
    I once, about a year or two ago, made a prime number calculator in Unity (fun project for me at least) where to begin with I didn't null the lists I used in the program, but just kept calculating more lists. This caused my program to work slower and slower and eventually my computer crashed and acted as if it was about to die!
    I then changed the code and started null'ing lists that had been printed and therefore was no longer needed and my program then ran smoothly without any problems what so ever!
    So yea, this could be the problem but as I don't have access to the code here I can not be sure, it's just what I think could be a part of the problem.
    Last edited by Niclin; 07.05.21 at 17:41.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    There is plenty of talk on Unity platform from various games abbot the Out Of Memory problem. It seems to be an issue on the developer side. I.e. the developers need to do something so the code handles memory properly. I think each of our instances get a certain amount of memory assigned which is never then released from old stuff as suggested. Same memory leak problem as client had but not it leaks on server instead of at our computers. Had a look in FF but there's nothing there to allow for more memory used for WebGL.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I am also getting this message. The game froze and was unplayable after that.

1 May 2021 Update: I refreshed the page today after getting this message and the game now lets me continue. The "new quest" and "quest completed" arrows show up randomly, they do not show up consistently after completing a quest and receiving a new one.
    Last edited by CraftyWitch; 01.05.21 at 13:52.

World
    Northisle
    Had same problem, out of memory (I was on level 9) and playing on a Mac.

Reply to Thread