Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Initial Impressions

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove

Initial Impressions

It works, yaaay!!

i5 "office" PC with integrated graphics - very slow to load graphics, menus, change views, close to unplayable
    Ryzen 7 with gtx 1650 - super fast, looks great, animations pop

What I like - smooth graphics; star, mail, economy, etc windows stack
    Not keen on - population mouseover has gone; active scrollbar on 4 box quest tasks as per the sneak peak; several times had to log off after new quests and/or changing levels (level two, new quest, build forester - build menu flashes, wont activate until relog

Early days, looks promising

snuggles2021
    My initial impression is that its back to basics, the graphics for the menu's is very basic and that's disappointing. There are times when the quests don't show up in the quest book, the picking up of buildings is unreliable at best out of the build menu. Its slow and claggy. Im sorry but you really need to do more work on this client.
    Its great that its back in the browser, but honestly its not what we have come to expect from BB...very disappointed.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland

Question i hope for more, support 4k monitor or at least scaling resolution above 2560x1600

Nice you use unity and work hard to get it in the browser.

I was already used to 64 bit settlersclient game. The fonts big enough. So it is a step back in time.

Strange scaling of windows or using Bigger font nor the zoom function of the browsers make text readable on bigger monitors. Yeah i played since 2012 and i can find all the tools almost blind.
    For a upgrade it is pitty it is not used to bigger screens.

I do not know how it is ported to browser but all the Unity engine games i can support scaling of menu and other stuff. Yeah that are stand alone game and no browser is in between.

Waiting for the solutions.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Menus look very pixelated on a 4k 43" monitor. I think it will need improvements. The auto-scaling is too big (defaulted to 200%) and going to 125% made more sense but the quality was still very bad.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggles2021 View Post
    Its great that its back in the browser, but honestly its not what we have come to expect from BB...very disappointed.
    ????? browser games are hopeless and it's exactly what we've come to expect from BB. You have been playing settlers right?

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Stacking windows actually a pain it turns out.

Open quest, get quest to build something, activate build menu, select building, quest window blocks view.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    The zoom of the brownser dont work yet ( button menu > Zoom in firefox )

That allows island/adventure scaling. Very important for me !...

And out of memory bug ... ( on windows 7 )

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Thristham View Post

There's a new option for scaling https://prnt.sc/127eo81

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Thristham View Post

And out of memory bug ... ( on windows 7 )
    Agree with this. Would like game copying the scaling of browser as flash version did.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    after not working yesterday, today the game actually loaded, so i see that as a win.
    now, after the game loaded i was taken back some because of the actual resolution of the game.
    the text looks awful and the graphics too, what have you done to the game?
    it looks like it was made to run on a mobile phone where you wont notice the lack of quality.
    is this anything like the final version expected to run in a few days time?
    because if it is, i must say, really bad work there…
    i dont know how old bb's programmers are, but these days people have monitors a "bit larger" than an ATM machine, so yeah, we need that quality to run it properly, like the game used to have?

Reply to Thread