Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Initial Impressions

qawpaw
    i for one think its great.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    I was skeptical at first, but the Unity version has quickly grown on me.

Yes, it has a lot of bugs and is far from perfect, but here are the key points:
    - It's back in the browser where it belongs
    - It supports Mac & Linux
    - It's fully playable, tons of players are already over level 20 after only a few days
    - When the server is not under a huge stress it loads the game a lot faster than the Flash Client
    - You can adjust the text size to your own preference

For me the pros by far outweigh the cons. I think they should fix the most critical bugs and then roll it out. The critical bugs being:
    - The crashes and out of memory issues
    - The zooming
    - The questbook & level-up related problems
    - The invisible text
    - The barracks sync issues
    - Can't see who's online

The other stuff is not so bad and can be fixed over time. It's not like the Flash version is perfect, it has plenty of bugs and issues of its own.

Instead of putting more work into the dead Flash version all effort should be on improving the Unity version.
    Last edited by Thorwik; 01.05.21 at 19:57.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by zygotes View Post
    Perhaps you should read the "about" page on the OpenDyslexic web page rather than just getting angry about it. It explains how the design of the typeface can help people with Dyslexia to understand the text.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenDyslexic

Correct, it's just font setting option (could be "Arial" or "Times New Roman", no matter).

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by XHemorrhageX View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenDyslexic

Correct, it's just font setting option (could be "Arial" or "Times New Roman", no matter).
    It really does not matter who invented it and why, it is still inappropriate. It is displayed by BB - therefor it reflects back on BB and how they see a group of people who has a disability.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    It really does not matter who invented it and why, it is still inappropriate. It is displayed by BB - therefor it reflects back on BB and how they see a group of people who has a disability.
    Let me see if I get this right. BB are using a font specifially created to make it easier for dyslectics to read, and you are offended by that?

Are you serious?

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    I hope it's because of its fancy look maybe

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ClarenceDuPont View Post
    Stacking windows actually a pain it turns out.

Open quest, get quest to build something, activate build menu, select building, quest window blocks view.

[
    As for me, stacking windows are a very handy feature – for example, I don’t have to leave TO, to check messages or build something.
    Also, it's not like that all windows stack up, seems to stack only windows of different type: clicking on different workplaces will replace the last workplace window with the newly selected one, which I like as well.
    But since I do understand that in some cases it can be annoying, or that some want it to work as in the Flash version,
    I think it would be good to make it an option, where by default the windows would not stack;-)
    Last edited by bodecki; 15.05.21 at 08:22.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by bodecki View Post
    As for me, stacking windows are a very handy feature – for example, I don’t have to leave TO, to check messages or build something.
    Also, it's not like that all windows stack up, seems to stack only windows of different type: clicking on different workplaces will replace the last workplace window with the newly selected one, which I like as well.
    But since I do understand that in some cases it can be annoying, or that some want it to work as in the Flash version,
    I think it would be good to make it an option, where by default the windows would not stack;-)
    Most windows should have the pin option to sticky it to stay open. But the default option should be to close all other windows when opening an important window, like the build menu for instance.

Reply to Thread