Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: feedback

  1. #31
    Skilled Student
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    30
    World
    Sandycove
    For those who find the game extremely slow, I refer you to my post on how to speed up the game under firefox.

    https://forum.thesettlersonline.com/...l=1#post363764

    feedback is welcome
    Last edited by rolover; 06.06.21 at 20:29.

  2. #32
    Glorious Graduate
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    100
    World
    Newfoundland
    Event is requiring advance paper (for the redcards) before players are able to produce the advance paper.

  3. #33
    Nifty
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    62
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by rolover View Post
    For those who find the game extremely slow, I refer you to my post on how to speed up the game under firefox.

    https://forum.thesettlersonline.com/...l=1#post363764

    feedback is welcome
    does not work that's my feedback

  4. #34
    Original Serf
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    19
    World
    Newfoundland
    Took a break of a week or so from the test server. Thought maybe there would be some improvement when I returned. Was proved wrong. The environment still takes forever to load and sending out explorers is a real chore. I've also found that the Questbook sometimes 'sticks' shut and can only be unstuck by doing a reload. The individual quests also sometimes disappear and can no longer be accessed.

    I find that, at the moment, I'm dreading the day when the Unity version becomes the only version that we can play.

  5. #35
    Original Serf
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    10
    World
    Northisle
    I'm kinda hoping the client stays available to players without a high-end, 3000 dollar computer. At least the client is somewhat playable for those players, as the Unity version (as is) is not.

  6. #36
    Original Serf
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    20
    World
    Sandycove
    Well that is the real question. After the 21st is the web version the only one that will work or will the client continue to function?

    san

  7. #37
    Community Manager
    Dedicated Scribe BB_Trafffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    465
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by sanadar View Post
    Well that is the real question. After the 21st is the web version the only one that will work or will the client continue to function?

    san
    Only the Web-Version will work.

  8. #38
    Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Darkest Dorset
    Posts
    1,565
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortica View Post
    Took a break of a week or so from the test server. Thought maybe there would be some improvement when I returned. Was proved wrong. The environment still takes forever to load and sending out explorers is a real chore. I've also found that the Questbook sometimes 'sticks' shut and can only be unstuck by doing a reload. The individual quests also sometimes disappear and can no longer be accessed.

    I find that, at the moment, I'm dreading the day when the Unity version becomes the only version that we can play.
    Agree, and the basic interface is still so flawed, I really fear for the changeover.
    Really would have made sense to roll out these "fixes" on Test so there's no nasty surprises, previous broken rollouts of events does not fill me with confidence, and if players start getting locked out of their accounts here like they are on test, could be a fatal blow to the game.
    We love our new CM.

    Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Ubisoft uses cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our websites. By continuing to use this site you agree to accept these cookies. More info on our privacy.