Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Time for some free gems?

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Totally agre, if people want free gems etc all they need to do is go to the normal test world.
    And just how would we test Unity there?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well, the other question is, if everyone jumps to 80, how do they detect all the bugs in between )

And once the horse has bolted, there is no going back- so i guess they will stick with the low lvl content debug for a few weeks and then slowly bump up levels to have a pass at as much content as possible

We are all impatient and want things to go quicker, sometimes it just doesn't happen-

So how to test unity, a bit at a time till we hit 80 ) Judging by the list of bugs already there, unity wont be live in a right old hurry anyway, maybe we can have a combined anniversary/unity event, and i am optimistic by nature

World
    Sandycove
    Gems for fish will not let you jump to 80.

But how does waiting 48 hours for troops to kill a boss camp in sector 9 improve the testing?

With gems we can ramp up production faster, and produce troops faster. Waiting for days for an upgrade to your barracks does not add any value to the test for BB.

Wakky
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    Gems for fish will not let you jump to 80.

But how does waiting 48 hours for troops to kill a boss camp in sector 9 improve the testing?

With gems we can ramp up production faster, and produce troops faster. Waiting for days for an upgrade to your barracks does not add any value to the test for BB.
    If you do all upgrades with gems - then no need to get the basic resources - and other resources will probably be bought for gems in merchant where possible.
    If your main level is to level up the easy way - instead of testing - then why 'waste' time on testserver.

World
    Sandycove
    Waiting for resources does not test anything. You still have to do adventures to level up, you will just be able to do more with gems.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    The other important piece is this is test.. there is a limit to the time I will commit to test knowing my regular test server has been reset more than once.

If this was a live server, we would be receiving resources from others, have opportunities for improved generals, explorers etc from events. I am not asking for XP, just a little assistance in moving things along. If a player prefers to play without the gems, they do not have trade fro the gems, player choice.

Waiting for resources does not test things other than my patience.
    Last edited by Graciethecat; 11.05.21 at 03:17.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    It is not really Gems or Resources that are needed as a gift. Maybe Having a YGG and a OGG will help to move things along. Once the the Home island is cleared you will have the Building licences to improve production. The generals will also make it easier to test the adventures and level up , thereby giving Gems.

Wakky
    If you want to test adventures and high level stuff - go to client testserver - what has to be tested here is main game features - if they dont work then advanced features dont work. Find and report bugs ( if not already reported ) in the version we have now. After update ( hopefully not to far away ) check if the bugs you found have been fixed or report them again. If most bugs fixed then we can move on to faster levelling and free resources.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    so two weeks ago we get told gems for fish soon - isn't soon already?

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakky View Post
    If you do all upgrades with gems - then no need to get the basic resources - and other resources will probably be bought for gems in merchant where possible.
    If your main level is to level up the easy way - instead of testing - then why 'waste' time on testserver.
    the question is when they need unity to be released? I can guarantee you no one is going to lvl up to 80 on unity within the next 6 months, people will be hard pushed to do that even with gems for fish.

resource production doesn't need that much testing does it?

You still wouldn't have the option to test without gems, let the people who want to test the high level stuff get a chance - otherwise under 50 stuff is going to be plenty tested and anything over 60 barely.

Reply to Thread