World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    We have a little Sneak Peak for our next event on our website
    Lol thats not a sneak peak its a picture with no context

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Phew, thought it was just me. So if it sings is it BB's final swan song?

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    and the summer event just confirms one thing, yet another deadline missed on the launch of the unity version…
    nothing like a consistent company you can depend on

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by limalhadeferro View Post
    and the summer event just confirms one thing, yet another deadline missed on the launch of the unity version…
    nothing like a consistent company you can depend on
    I just hope they miss that one as well and be ready for anniversary event instead ;P

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualan View Post
    I just hope they miss that one as well and be ready for anniversary event instead ;P
    HAHAHAHAHA, dont worry buddy, they will miss it, and probably a whole lot more deadlines too :P
    at this point, i actually doubt that the game will ever be ready, not only because they've missed so many deadlines set by themselves mind you, but they dont sound or look too bright and capable, so, i guess we got the sharp end of this stick…

R.I.P settlers online

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by limalhadeferro View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA, dont worry buddy, they will miss it, and probably a whole lot more deadlines too :P
    at this point, i actually doubt that the game will ever be ready, not only because they've missed so many deadlines set by themselves mind you, but they dont sound or look too bright and capable, so, i guess we got the sharp end of this stick…

R.I.P settlers online

that is a bit of a quick and dirty conclusion regarding the devs. As they are on the whole german and don;t post here we don;t really have any means to know how bright and capable they are. I imagine transferring a game 1 on 1 between completely different platforms might not be the easiest way to solve the dilemma's. However, seeing what i have seen so far on unity and how it runs and the way BB seems to approach it, the RIp does come to mind. All bets seems to be on Unity and it looks like coming up short

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    especially since it runs like a dog and next event will be on unity and not the current client- i wonder if we end up skipping anniversary as well :P

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hi Qualan - I'll wager a Frozen Manor with you that we end up skipping Anniversary Event and Halloween Event or at least don't move to Unity until both of those events have been and gone

After all, BB_Traffer didn't say there wont be any more events on this non Unity Version. Just that the next Football Event will be on Unity.

Heres hoping I am wrong as a FM will be a small price to pay for a stable game on Unity this side of Christmas

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    that is a bit of a quick and dirty conclusion regarding the devs. As they are on the whole german and don;t post here we don;t really have any means to know how bright and capable they are. I imagine transferring a game 1 on 1 between completely different platforms might not be the easiest way to solve the dilemma's.
    well, the dev have had 5 years to port the game, and the game is still in the shitter, so what does that tell you?
    if you took that long to do something at work, and it still came out wrong, you can bet your ass you'd get canned fast and in a hurry.
    do you know how many launch dates have they missed so far? dates set by themselves mind you……
    how can you stand there and still be on their side???
    you just keep buying those gem packs, they'll thank you for sure.

However, seeing what i have seen so far on unity and how it runs and the way BB seems to approach it, the RIp does come to mind. All bets seems to be on Unity and it looks like coming up short
    this tells you everything you need to know about those lovely devs you're defending, 5 years to port a game to another technology, and still, it's not done…
    Pixar takes around 3-4 years to make a full movie, and if you ever seen a Pixar movie, you know that sh*t's flawless…
    so, how can these guys have 5 years to develop something and still not have it done yet? worse, they have no f**king idea when will it be done.
    my money is on the game being released as is, and then after like a decade or two, the game will finally work properly…

yeah, the dev team is really on the top of their game

Reply to Thread