Reply to Thread

Thread: Uniti version load much faster than client version

World
    Newfoundland

Uniti version load much faster than client version

Today I've been in a test mood, so I loaded both versions..

and I could play the unity version before the live server client version was done loading..

just in case yáll wondering if the UNITY version is faster or not.. as I see it, it is..
    Amy Safeunderdark
    A little magic goes a long way.

Amy's Rules of progress (TSO Forum )
    Amy's random quotes & Settlers related Art and images (TSO Forum )
    Amy's TOOLS:
    Forum image uploader New version online supporting more image types, even animated gif!
    Explained here (Forum link) --> PLease leave your comments and/or remarks here

TSO server status (outside link) New Version!

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by AmySafeunderdark View Post
    Today I've been in a test mood, so I loaded both versions..

and I could play the unity version before the live server client version was done loading..

just in case yáll wondering if the UNITY version is faster or not.. as I see it, it is..
    only faster to get into the game - it is slow as molasses once you do

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    It was faster the first 5 days. Not sure if it is more players or more buildings on island that slows it down
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Lag has greatly increased with the release of the test market. I am not sure if this is due to an increase in users or related to the market.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    It might load faster, but trouble start when you are on. It takes for ever for buildings to appear. The higher level you get and the more stuff on island the slower game is.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    I am having the same issue, last night I logged in fine, but then the trouble starts, takes forever for buildings to load, some didnt even load 30 minutes later, buying things from Merchant and it took forever. In the end I left.

Still loads of work to do on it before it should go live.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    What is surprising in all this, is that there is not much in the way of resources that are transferred to the player, whether with the browser or the client

the webgl should use the resources of the graphics card and I can see, at home, that this is not the case.

There is a topic on the net that talks about memory management with unity

I think that the data flow is not wide enough. Via the browsers they can certainly have a lot of information on the type of pc that is used and I think that this is not sufficiently exploited.

If you complain about the slowness in the game, the slowness is already noticed when you connect via ubisoft account and then when the game loads.

Now the tweaks you can make in the browser can also play their role on the slowness

I also think that the data sending flow is not wide enough.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Reply to Thread