Reply to Thread

Thread: Things that need to be Update/Changed/User-Friendly

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle

Things that need to be Update/Changed/User-Friendly

Here's a compilation of items I think should be updated/changed. It is by no means complete or exhaustive.

1) Windows need to close when selecting something else unless the Pin is pushed. No windows at all work as intended in this fashion

2) When clicking on button menus, clicking on the button again 'closes' the window. No windows at all work as intended in this fashion

3) Scrolling: Most, if not all, windows that have multiple items and you need to scroll do not function as intended. The mouse cursor has to be positioned just right to get the scroll to work. And then if it happens to fall in the wrong spot on a scrolling, the scrolling stops and have to move the cursor again. The only way to keep scrolling is to keep the cursor over the scroll bar

4) When moving a window, clicking somewhere else in that window after moving it will make the window 'jump' to that position. For example, moved a Geologist window, and clicked on one of the tasks. Instead of the button being selected, the window jumped to have the cursor at the title area and I had to move the cursor and click again on the task I wanted. This has happened with Explorers and Generals as well.

5) Zooming using scroll wheel. Limited on zoom in/out. In the standalone client, we can't zoom in further and zoom out much further (for instance, on my 52" monitor, I can zoom out and see the whole island easily. In the Unity client, barely see past 2 zones on full zoom out)

6) Mayor House/Inventory window: tooltip of item covers the "Economy Overview" button.

7) In Economy Overview the items don't always (or at all that I've noticed) as the island resources updates. I had several buildings buffed while I had the EO open and it wasn't until I closed it and re-opened it did the values update

8) Increment scroll bars for items/units are way too small. The arrows for moving the slider for the count of items/units for Trade Office, Generals, Buff creations are all too small. The arrow should be at least twice the size.

9) The item/unit for bulk/batch creations don't work when typing in the number. You have to type the number, and then press the scroll button to get the update. Pressing enter starts 1 batch of how ever many singles were selected. When typing a number the requirements for that process should be updated on the fly like single items are.

10) Map Tile updating: Having the map update tiles "every time" you move around the map is very annoying, and taxing on the system. I see spikes in cpu/gpu/ram usage when moving around. If all the items were loaded there'd be no spikes, and there'd be little to no lag because there would not be the need to "re-download" the assets, or re-render them

11) Chat window: When the Switch Autoscroll On/Off button is selected, you can't use the scroll wheel to scroll up in chat to see the backlog. You MUST deselect the check box or click and move the scroll bar manually to get it to unlock from the last line. Either of these options do not "Auto Re-Enable" when going all the way back down to the bottom of the chat window. You MUST click the Autoscroll check box again to turn it back on.

12) Default Zoom Factor: In Firefox when loading the game, I get a default UI zoom of 100%. But when I load the game in Chrome I get 200%?! I have to go into Settings and disable Auto-Zoom and drop it back down to make things look normal. At 200% on a 52" screen @ 4k res, it's like I'm looking at an old 640x480 monitor again. It's HUGE!!!! PLEASE make these settings default to 100%, or at least make it so the game remembers the settings.

13) Speaking of remembering settings, WINDOWS POSITIONS!! Please enable the remembering of window positions, or at least fix them into their default location like in the standalone client. It's extremely annoying when every window you open pops up in the generally the same spot and they stack, and NONE of them autoclose when you open another window (refer to #1 and #2)

14) Trade Office, Mail, Quest Book: All these have large fonts and show limited items. Please make these fonts a few sizes smaller so they fit the window better, makes it look better, and doesn't look like they are crammed

15) Also with #14 is that items in TO are not sortable nor are they user friendly. We don't need to know the time at UTC (or what ever timezone this is based on) when an item is to expire. Just put the actual time remaining, such as 2h5m32s. Also make these items sortable by being able to click on the header title.

16) Scrolling within most windows. I find it extremely annoying when trying to scroll a list of items or quests, or mail, and the scrolling stops because the cursor isn't in the exact right position. Move it slightly in almost any direction and scroll wheel, and the list starts to scroll again. This is "very" annoying in the TO considering there is only 4 items shown at a time

17) Chat text randomly vanishes. Without clicking anywhere else, I can type and see the text. After pressing enter, it randomly will make the following text I type invisible. And then just as randomly, the text will re-appear as I type. Again, never ever clicking anywhere else, alt-tabbing, ctrl-tabbing or using any other keyboard shortcut to do any other tasks.

18) Who's online?? I have no idea. Even sometimes I can't tell if "I" am online, or even existent. My avatar doesn't always show up.

19) Can /w (whisper) a person who is offline and don't get a notification that they are offline. Perhaps extend this to allowing a person to see who whispered them while they were offline, even if it only saves the last message.

20) Quest Book: While working with a particular quest and a section is completed, the whole list of quests refreshes and opens any that have been closed/shrunk. For instance, I was working on the quest The Annoholics, and I had the Main Quests section closed/shrunk. When I met the requirements to complete a section of Annoholics, thew hole list refreshed and expanded the Main Quests back to full again, expanding all the sub-menus as well.

21) When sending Geo/Expl out, you can't rapid succession send them. You have to wait for the one to go before sending the other, unless you can move fast enough to send the 2nd one within about 1-2 seconds of the 1st (and 2 seconds is pushing it). The reason is because the window that you select what task to do is still locked onto the 1st one, even after pressing the "Check" box to confirm. This happens for Geo/Geo, Expl/Expl or even Geo/Expl or Expl/Geo. This problem would fixed by the window instead of being sent which character to interact with, the window was a standalone instance of a master window. It gets created on the fly, and destroyed once the Check/Cancel buttons are pressed.

22) Had a network interruption that caused main TSO client to give HammerGuy. Network was restored. However, Unity client chat services never reconnected. Had to reload to get chat back.

23) When visiting another's island to do a task, returning to home island doesn't register the task until after reloading the game.

24) Buildings and queues that are level dependent doesn't update once reaching that level. Have to reload to be able to access those level locked items
    Untitled.jpg
    (tried to post an image of proper size, but forum keeps resizing the image to unreadably small. My current level is 23, and the Coal mine requires level 23 to be built, but it's greyed out, as well as the other level 23 buildings)

I'm sure there are more things, will update further as time progresses.
    Last edited by Korishan; 15.05.21 at 21:34.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Added #20

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Added #21

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Added #22

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Adding to #21. Found out an issue when sending them without waiting for the confirmation of them going. I sent 1st Geo to go after Iron, then I selected and sent the 2nd one to go after Iron. A few minutes later I noticed the 2nd one hadn't left, so I resent them.
    When checking to see how long they had to return, I noticed that "both" were now searching for Iron. So apparently some how the 1st Geo was reset to what I selected with the 2nd Geo. Fortunately, I needed both Iron depo's found. But now the Marble depo has to wait far longer (only 2 Geos atm).

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Added #23
    Added #24 + Picture
    Last edited by Korishan; 15.05.21 at 21:24.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Memory leak fix would be good

"An error occurred running the Unity content on this page. See your browser JavaScript console for more info. The error was: RuntimeError: Out of bounds memory access (evaluating 'Module["asm"]["dynCall_viiii"].apply(null,arguments)')"

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Added #25
    Updated #12 - UPDATE!!!! Apparently this has been fixed. I've reloaded a few times, even fully closing the web browser and reloading, and the game remembered zoom settings

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    good list, I especially don't think we should lose convenience features we already had in the browser versions. no need to only show 4 postings in trade office - the enlarge font feature works with that so people who can't see can use that since they probably already will be for other things

I don't like so many things being tied to the performance settings - like being able to see deposits and how much is left in them. that is just numbers should be able to see those in any mode that is just basic and required to play the game. Also being able to see generals moving in adventures, you have to turn on the settlers walking around the island (which serves no purpose). You need to see generals for blocks and to time sending even without blocks - it is necessary to the game. Whereas, having settlers walk around your island is just pure cosmetic.

Guild panel not having a sort feature, with 100 member guilds, you want to find someone's level it is easy to sort by name and see their level. Lots of use for that sort business.
    Last edited by Larasxx; 19.05.21 at 16:18.

Reply to Thread