Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Guild membership and Unity

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    guilds are for players to manage really. The only exception to that basic principle is imho a needed extenson of the current ruleset namely:

Guild leadership gets transferred after 30 days inactivity of the guildleader (or something like that) - If they add the rule that if the transfer is not accepted and the guildleader is still inactive after 30 days that a final transfer request is made with the warning that the guild will be disbanded if it isnt accepted or the guildleader becomes active again and then disband- This would get rid of the pesky 1-5 member dead guilds over time

However, in the grand scheme of things i prefer them not to tinker with guilds- leave that to players - and use that time to work on more important issues. I don;t expect BB to spend a ton of time and resources on this game as it is old and tired as is, so would like em to focus on stuff that prolongs lifespan of the game and not work on fluff

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristarkos62 View Post
    already many members lost their account with the last migration, even active ones that did not understand what to do, I, therefore, presume others will in this new migration. i suppose inactive players will not try to migrate, and so they will automatically be lost. My worries are, if people with older hardware will be able to migrate
    Migration issues were connected to login methods. I don't expect any migration when going to Unity platform. Same login, just takes you to Unity instead of client.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    The thing that amuses me on the various inputs is that no-one was willing to say how many were in ther guild/how many are inactive....I wonder why

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I think there is many reasons to look at the guild and also the recruitments. If a new players says as much as a beep in chat - he gets lots of invites, but often not to a guild where he fits, and less aggressive guilds have no chance as there is not many newbies - at least not on Newfoundland. Not sure how it can be done differently, but maybe change when you can join a guild and make a quest to read the guild descriptions.

Besides from that I think the move to Unity would be a great chance to do some spring cleaning. If a newbie join a guild that look big but only have a few active members, that could kill the game. It can also be hard for small guilds to find others to merge with. A merge can mean a huge difference, for us it did as our guild leader stopped and the guild got very inactive. I think most of us are happy that we did merge.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Reply to Thread