Reply to Thread

Thread: Fonts/text clarity

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove

Fonts/text clarity

Will there be any adjustments to the system fonts to make them sharper and clearer?

I have good eyesight but a lot of the text looks to be poorly scaled, making it rough or fuzzy and difficult to read, navigating the merch for a minute gives me eyestrain.

Here's a comparison, issues are evident, can be clicked for full size.

Bizarrely, the resources bar at the top is sharp at all scaling so that text seems to be behaving differently and being presented size appropriate as opposed to a big font scaled.

Compare the lovely sharp numbers in the resource bar vs the fuzzy numbers and text in the merch, gem count is in both but different appearance:

If you scale the UI, the fonts look better at 150% and up but if you go up and open the merch, you can't close it because of the stacking windows. 200% and you can't even access the logout button.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I agree. It does not make it easier when the font is red, on a brown background- not a new issue for me though.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Yea the red on brown is super annoying for me to read too. Similarly the purple of the whisper is also terrible to try and read.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by ClarenceDuPont View Post
    Will there be any adjustments to the system fonts to make them sharper and clearer?
    Apparently not.

Loads of badly scaled and inconsistent text. Even had some small river houses with white text with black outline, the one next to it, no outline.
    Fonts for PvP castle window are however different and look great, good job on that single component.

Reply to Thread