Reply to Thread

Thread: [Feedback] Change log Unity Test Server 15/06/21

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland

[Feedback] Change log Unity Test Server 15/06/21

Please feel free to leave your thoughts and comments on the Change log Unity Test Server 15/06/21

The original post can be found here.

Kind Regards,
    BB_Trafffer

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I'm still getting "Server Zone crashed". Is this being fixed?

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    BB_Kumakan has asked for certain things to be tested in chat, but most of us can only see the end of that conversation as the earlier part has been lost in a reset.
    So apart from the OOM issue, we're in the dark as to what he wants us to focus upon.

Suspect he's probably posted on the German forum but not this one, if we're going back to the bad old days again then what's the point of us testing anything? It's always taken the Settlers franchise in a bad direction when they only listen to one instance's point of view.
    When the Test server had its own forum, at least all the bug reports and feedback were in one place. Even BB_NoBug only had to batch move all the reports to the "No Bug" section in one go, were he around today his workload would be doubled.
    Last edited by Nogbad; 16.06.21 at 04:03.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hello Everyone,

BB_Kumakun (That's me! ) is actually a little airhead if it comes to the Chat. The reason is: I have the help of our superb Game Masters (and Community Managers) who do all the Chatwork. Sadly, on Testing2 you will only find me for the time being and I did not realize that it was only visible with half of the text i.e. that people wondered what it was about.

Fear not the answer comes instantly:
    Hello, we wanted to inform you that we have been working on the "Out of memory" bug and urgently need feedback on it in the forum.

If you are still experiencing this issue, please post it in the forum with all the necessary technical information.

Also, please look out into the relevant bug topic for specific requests from the CM that our technical team needs.
    In fact, I also didn't share it in the german forum, as we already had this request posted in our Changelog. I just wanted to make sure that players who were online at that time saw it "in time" on our testing2 Server. Once again, you can find the Changelog here. Update: A DE Moderator actually posted the Quote of the Chat into the Forum, due to the same report as we see here.

Small Sidenote:
    The not updated Buglist is not the fault of BB_Trafffer but solely on me. Due to the work on the dev diary and urgent fixes for the Unity Testserver I was not able to keep him updated. On the German Forum, our Moderator is actively trying to collect and note the bugs down. But so far we get more reports (that we give to the Devs) as we have noted as fixed in our Changelog. Then there are even more "backend" bugs that could not properly be connected to a report etc. And as we had 2 new Versions now, I was not yet able to correctly mark and link all bugs. However, I will work on a reworked list over the weekend and you will have it early next week.

One thing should be sure. We do see every single report be it on UK OR GER, sadly we can't comment on all the reports, even if we try (and also not in the german forum). Every single report is important, especially as someone from the UK might explain a certain situation better as someone who has a slightly limited understanding of the language on testing. If you believe me or not, we have many players who are at an age where "English" was not a mandatory school subject. Just yesterday I got poked by a nice player on UK who updated me on a loading situation (with a video) which was not even known in this form in Germany yet, it might have been reported in words, but that did not fully grab the situation.

Please, don't be mad or sad if we do not answer individually or if we slack behind right now. Our focus and highest priority with all our tasks are directed to the Unity Version and we are already extremely saddened that we had to move the Unity Version once again. Besides this, we also have background changes with everything connected to the game. Bear with us a little bit more.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Kumakun View Post
    [COLOR="blue"]Hello Everyone,

BB_Kumakun (That's me! ) is actually a little airhead if it comes to the Chat. The reason is: I have the help of our superb Game Masters (and Community Managers) who do all the Chatwork. Sadly, on Testing2 you will only find me for the time being and I did not realize that it was only visible with half of the text i.e. that people wondered what it was about.

Fear not the answer comes instantly:

In fact, I also didn't share it in the german forum, as we already had this request posted in our Changelog. I just wanted to make sure that players who were online at that time saw it "in time" on our testing2 Server. Once again, you can find the Changelog here. Update: A DE Moderator actually posted the Quote of the Chat into the Forum, due to the same report as we see here.

Small Sidenote:
    The not updated Buglist is not the fault of BB_Trafffer but solely on me. Due to the work on the dev diary and urgent fixes for the Unity Testserver I was not able to keep him updated. On the German Forum, our Moderator is actively trying to collect and note the bugs down. But so far we get more reports (that we give to the Devs) as we have noted as fixed in our Changelog. Then there are even more "backend" bugs that could not properly be connected to a report etc. And as we had 2 new Versions now, I was not yet able to correctly mark and link all bugs. However, I will work on a reworked list over the weekend and you will have it early next week.

One thing should be sure. We do see every single report be it on UK OR GER, sadly we can't comment on all the reports, even if we try (and also not in the german forum). Every single report is important, especially as someone from the UK might explain a certain situation better as someone who has a slightly limited understanding of the language on testing. If you believe me or not, we have many players who are at an age where "English" was not a mandatory school subject. Just yesterday I got poked by a nice player on UK who updated me on a loading situation (with a video) which was not even known in this form in Germany yet, it might have been reported in words, but that did not fully grab the situation.
    regarding the language, maybe you should receive some reports in a double language. the native language of the reporter and the English he would know, at least you would have the possibility to translate it with the copy and paste translation sites.

since we are talking about language, my native language is Moliere's and not Shaekspeare's.

but as there are only 2 possible languages I choose to translate this with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

with
    patience,
    I think we have some, but what seems incomprehensible is that there are so many bugs and so much delay.

While the end of flashplayer had been warned at least 1 year in advance, I had warned myself on the forum FR (under another pseudo) and that there has NEVER been any reaction from the developer or BB. we could see that you have started the transition only 3 months before the end. to believe that BB plays the grasshopper and the ant.

Can we assume that the developers didn't realize the magnitude of the task that awaited them to start so late?

We could be satisfied with this delay if the gameplay, the fluidity were at the rendezvous, which would allow you, undoubtedly, to have more feedback, and in any case less dissatisfaction.

concerning the bugs: what I can notice is that it seems that the collection of items slows down the game, as if the requests for these items took longer to collect the server's approval or that the server takes longer to digest the information than the construction of buildings and others.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    this version is unplayable, let me notice if you fixed everything. until that i am off. bye.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    When can we expect pvp to be fixed? I have lost my last two spots which I have already paid for.
    Last edited by trunkeygold; 03.08.21 at 02:26.

World
    Newfoundland
    This also aometimes happens on the Generals in Star Menu view, sometimes the icons are greyed out.

JJ.
    Everything comes to those who wait.

Reply to Thread