Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What next for TSO after unity release?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by hades8840 View Post
    That mass send feature you could add to prem most of us would pay for it its that desperate for most of our fingers

as for unity though i have played on the América Latina server it aint good even the forum which is usually dead has woken up if you push whats there on the rest of us knowing full well its bugged your just going to piddle everyone off and no matter how many excuses you use you will of known it was bugged

The highlighted bit made me laugh as my dad used to say you can polish a turd all you like its still a turd
    I totally agree. I am one of the many players who stopped used money on the game, after it was announced that flash was to end and BB did and said nothing, when ever news was brought it did not mean anything new was happening, and later on BB even denied ever having said anything or put any days.

We have spend more than 2 years waiting now. That is more than 2 years where BB could have earned a lot more money from the game.
    Now when something is finally happening, the quality is a joke.

I would rater wait ½ a year more, with better and more accurate information on what is really going on, than plunging into a bugged messy unity version.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    I totally agree. I am one of the many players who stopped used money on the game, after it was announced that flash was to end and BB did and said nothing, when ever news was brought it did not mean anything new was happening, and later on BB even denied ever having said anything or put any days.

We have spend more than 2 years waiting now. That is more than 2 years where BB could have earned a lot more money from the game.
    Now when something is finally happening, the quality is a joke.

I would rater wait ½ a year more, with better and more accurate information on what is really going on, than plunging into a bugged messy unity version.
    Exactly the same I have spent enough on this game to get a top end pc and have never minded as i enjoy playing but even i stopped and i have 4 days of prem left on my yearly buy of it and wont be renewing it until I see stable version that is nice to play..

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    i am by no means a whale but i do believe to contribute to a game i like so every year i would shelf out a buy of gems as contribution- This indeed stopped with the lack of clarity around flash and follow up and the current state of game and follow up hasn't gotten me back on that wagon so for now i am on the FTP bandwagon, with enough premium days stashed away to have premium running during events.

Will see how things develop- ther eis the tiniest hope something might come along but timelines seem so long, that there is an equal risk that another game comes along

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    From German forum:

Quote from BB_Ondgrund
    We now have an official date for the transition to Unity: July 21st. (July 20th for us don't forget)

With the change, the work is of course not over and there is still a lot to improve, but then all players have access to the game again and we can concentrate entirely on a single system.

We will have a maintenance with which we will activate Unity. The maintenance may take a little longer than our normal version updates.

During this time, nobody will be able to enter the game and may find out further irregularities (homepage not accessible, forum, etc.)

As soon as the maintenance is over, you can get back into the game, as normal via your login (Ubisoft or Facebook) on the start page

The game will then start directly in the browser itself, no longer calling the client

The island will be yours as it was, completely normal. We only changed the "route", so to speak, but not the islands themselves.

Nothing needs to be rebuilt.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    The German instance will also receive the update on the 20th (it was changed from the 21st).

If there are any doubts, let me explain:

1. You will still use Facebook/Ubisoft login to access your account.
    2. After the maintenance, you will simply click the "Play" button on our website and the Unity version will launch in your browser (the same way you do it now).
    3. The download client will be deactivated (you can no longer use it).
    4. You don't need to migrate, transfer or do anything - we'll do everything.
    5. You will keep all your progress (no change to your progress in the game).

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    is it the forum 1st line of support if smtg goes wrong? or do we go down the ticketing lane?

also an update on the requirements might help setting us up for tuesday
    Last edited by JohnRo79; 16.07.21 at 13:46.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnRo79 View Post
    is it the forum 1st line of support if smtg goes wrong? or do we go down the ticketing lane?

also an update on the requirements might help setting us up for tuesday
    Tickets still dont work at present but looking at the latin server be prepared for a lot of threads of issues

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Will the game become paid now with the new Unity fee for installation?

World
    Newfoundland
    what counts as an installation? if wiping the cache and loading in to the game then i do it every day
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Reply to Thread