Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Unity live bugs

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherool View Post
    The Flash version used a lot of ram too, but at least it was pretty responsive, performance on this version is beyond a joke and releasing it live is an insult.
    Couldn't agree more. Not to mention we were promised to send more explorers at once and it's almost impossible or more painful to send one.
    Last edited by sk_setttler; 21.07.21 at 08:59.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Look on the bright side - Excelsior is working properly again
    I'm going to live to 120 - or die trying

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I am very disappointed with the new version. It loads slowly, it looks horrible. Moving graphics on the screen e.g. 'ZZs' when workers are paused, are jiggling all the time. It hurst my eyes! Nothing I try to do runs smoothly. Please give us back the interim version, in fact I wouldn't mind using that permanently if this is the best that can be achieved. I think I will stop playing temporarily and take another look in a week or two to see if anything has been fixed.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    In addition to everything else. When explorer finds a new deposit, the deposit doesn't show unless you mouse over it, so now you have to mouse over every location so you can see where to build the mine.

EDIT1 - Clicked on an explorer in star menu, mayors house info panel opens up instead. Won't close clicking on the 'x'. Have to restart the game.

EDIT2 - In 10 mins I have 2 'Out of Memory' crashes on my high-end gaming desktop. This is the only program to ever give me OOM on this computer and I run a lot more complex things than this!

#BringBackClient
    Last edited by Kafka-; 21.07.21 at 09:31.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    FROM GERMAN FORUM BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW IF YOU WANT ANSWERS FROM AN ACTIVE BB THATS WERE YOU GO

Hello,

a little update from the chat, as I want to share the feedback with everyone.
    Today we are working flat out to check (and eliminate) errors.

We also hold discussions about what would be most advisable now. Since I don't want to make any promises about anything here, I can only say "Please be patient, I'll post a little more later".

Some tips that currently help to play at least a little.
    Turn off animals and animations in the settings 2. The star menu creates a few lags, if possible you should only leave it open for activities, then close it and not keep it open all the time
    3. Open the star menu preferably over a free area on your island or over the sea, because currently you otherwise click "through" the menu and land on the buildings in the background

[8:32 AM] BB_KUmakun9: Hi everyone. We already wrote in the forum yesterday, several times. But unfortunately it goes down with the masses of comments.
    [8:33 AM] BB_KUmakun9: Today we're trying again to post an overview in the feedback in the first post so that at least the few comments are visible.
    [8:34 AM] BB_KUmakun9: The fact is: I can't tell you anything about the current status until later. We are currently in discussions and see what is possible today (emergency maintenance, reset, client or how long it would currently take)
    [8:34 AM] BB_KUmakun9: We have found at least 3 (!!) errors that are currently unplayable make
    player: can't you just go back to the client?
    [8:35 AM] BB_KUmakun9: We can't just "go back"Just like we can't just go back to "Flash of 2020". But as I said, I'm up to date and express this wish again
    [8:35 AM] BB_KUmakun9: Alsooo, please don't be angry if I still need a little bit today to put up news or to respond correctly to comments. I don't ignore anyone on purpose, I just think that the solution is currently more important than "delaying comments" until then
    Player: How is the game going in the other countries? Was the rollout already on Monday?
    [8:36 AM] BB_KUmakun9: It's broken all over the world
    [8:36 AM] MOD_Panthera9: The Unity version was played on all instances at the same time. :-)
    [8:37 AM] BB_KUmakun9: Well, I'll leave you here again with Panthera so that I can get some information for you today. As soon as I know something, I'll post it in the forum (and, depending on what's coming, on the home page)
    [8:37 AM] BB_KUmakun9: Mod_Tamarree is now sitting at the overview in the "Unity is Live" feedback
    <- Mod_Tamaree even added the overview to shcon yesterday in the first post.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by hades8840 View Post
    [8:36 AM] BB_KUmakun9: It's broken all over the world
    Never a truer word spoken

qawpaw
    actually works at my end

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    FROM GERMAN FORUM BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW IF YOU WANT ANSWERS FROM AN ACTIVE BB THATS WERE YOU GO
    You can also just check our forum, here.

Skilled Student EdwardTheSlayer's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    That's the truth.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Maybe Traffer is simply a little bit lower in the pecking order so gets news later?

Let's cut the community managers some slack. At end of the day it isn't their fault; they are left to pick up the flak. The people at fault are the developers or more so whoever in management decided to chuck it onto the live servers after all the feedback on test2.

There are so many bugs/coding errors in the current system that BB either pull Unity and rollback, or delete the game, or leave this running and watch the game die as they try to patch it up

Reply to Thread