Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: update 20/7/21

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    After looking at the same kind of thread on the german forums I nearly feel sorry for BB....248 pages of complaints on just one thread...

I think ill just let the plp on that forum keep up the main thrust of complaints since they are doing such a good job. Poor BB...not!

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulLG View Post
    No, just another long time player. One that thinks BB knows they're in a bad place, but continuing to stick the boot in whilst they're down is not helping.

The glass is half full, don't smash it!
    Sorry PaulLG I disagree. How many times have they done this? How many times have we asked them not to and listen to players/testers? How many times have we told them to do this when they did not listen previously? I think the player base has been extremely reserved and patient, probably because of our addiction/love of the game. Yes, this has end game written all over it and it would not surprise me in the least to see them yet again avoid responsibility and blame our anger and negativity too pull the plug. Nothing the player base is saying is unjustified, and to continue pussy footing around the truth because it might hurt the developers feelings hasn't worked in the past and it will not work now. BB DOES NOT LISTEN to reason, throughout this games history they have repeatedly shown this.
    None of us want to be on the forum venting and `sticking the boot in', we would rather be playing the game ...but we can't because they did not listen to the players and testers. Why should we have any sympathy for them as they `try' to fix something that they themselves broke? Why should we be grateful for a drip feed of bug fixes which any good game developers would have never have allowed to get pass in house testing ( let alone with a player testing server ) before attempting to fully release it across live servers. Add to that they did it without retaining a rollback position.
    I kept quiet through out the Flash/Unity discussion, although my gut told me something like this was going to happen. I did listen to my gut and stopped putting cash into the game, because I was sceptical of BB's ability to match its front page positive speak on the issue. As deadlines slipped, the last minute switch to client, and the loss of many players because the client was restrictive, did not lift my confidence. The big red flag occurred when I started seeing phrases like 'the live server is different from the test server' coming from our community manager and MODs to questions from players regarding the progress or not on the test server. Even as a non geek that just did not make sense, why would you not put the latest bug fixes and updates on the test server so that it can be tested? Well I guess we all know now, BB developers know best !!
    So, PaulLG, I hope you understand why I politely disagree. Please don't take offence as I do not want to fall into what I often see in these threads where anger at BB gets twisted into player v's player squabbles. Players and the community are still the best out there in my book, we just don't get appreciated by BB as we deserve.
    The glass may be half full, but BB have locked it in a cupboard and is now teasing us by dangling the key just out of our reach. Whilst I appreciate what and why you say what you say, and if it was without precedent I would be right behind you in support. But history is there to be learnt from, even if that goes over the head of BB, so excuse me while I go off and buy some metaphorical steel toe capped worked boots
    Last edited by Larili; 25.07.21 at 11:36.
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Larili View Post
    So, PaulLG, I hope you understand why I politely disagree. Please don't take offence as I do not want to fall into what I often see in these threads where anger at BB gets twisted into player v's player squabbles. Players and the community are still the best out there in my book, we just don't get appreciated by BB as we deserve.
    I do understand Larili, and no offence taken I am not trying to excuse BB's lack of foresight, planning or customer relations.

I do feel some sympathy for coders within BB who can only advise those that make the decisions.

I have seen the effects of angry customers shouting insults at techs for a situation out of their control. Such abuse is highly de-motivating, and has the opposite effect intended by the angry person.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    PaulLG may not be a real independent player, but works at BB. Spending all this time supporting wrong doing, makes me suspect so.
    Last edited by Lene898; 25.07.21 at 13:16.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulLG View Post
    Time to focus on the silver lining

The excelsior bug has been fixed.
    Generals and quartermasters stay ready for elite troops even if emptied.
    The send army dialog does not keep emptying itself whilst trying to select generals.

Whilst BB have admitted that the game is not fully playable, at least the Mac and Linux players can get in and do as much as the Windows players can, so they are no longer disadvantaged.

The developers no longer have to worry about code being compatible with both the flash client and Unity versions, and they are now all focused on resolving the problems that we have.

Whilst I would, of course, prefer the game to be fully playable, let's remember that the developers are doing all they can to bring that about. Any mistakes made on the road from Flash back to browser are more likely the fault of BB management than the developers.

This is a long-term game, and many of us have been here for years. Surely we can potter around doing basic island maintenance for a little while whilst BB works on the game. It is an ideal time to do some building upgrades!
    PaulLG From your statement "let's remember that the developers are doing all they can to bring that about" gives you away as someone affiliated to BB. You may be one of the developers at BB. How can you know that, if you do not work there????

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Lene898 View Post
    PaulLG From your statement "let's remember that the developers are doing all they can to bring that about" gives you away as someone affiliated to BB. You may be one of the developers at BB. How can you know that, if you do not work there????
    Because I have worked. Not for BB, and in tech support not development, but technical workers in general want to provide good solutions (sometimes against management pressure for quick and dirty fixes!)

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Lene898 View Post
    PaulLG may not be a real independent player, but works at BB. Spending all this time supporting wrong doing, makes me suspect so.
    Nah, Probably Just a player who still has a little faith and hope. I on the other hand I have another year in the game, faith has long gone and hope is dwindling fast

I could be accused of working for BB once upon a time when I stood up for them ( A long time ago in my innocence ) I think you can guess now that I don't!
    In supportive comments we often generalise and make assumptions just like when we criticise, as we don't actually know. I would assume ( once upon a time ) that the developers were doing all they could to put the game back to play ability, you see that in most other games, and software updates that go wrong. It is what a good business does. ( All men to the pumps attitude ). Now if there is a hot fix announced Monday for Tuesday PaulLG may have made a valid point, and some hope may be restored. But currently we are looking, from BB's own announcement, a scheduled deployment `sometime' in August ....that does not sound like all hands to the pump to me, more like `you there, newbie. Man the pump, while the rest of us get into the lifeboats'
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Larili View Post
    I could be accused of working for BB once upon a time when I stood up for them ( A long time ago in my innocence ) I think you can guess now that I don't!
    In supportive comments we often generalise and make assumptions just like when we criticise, as we don't actually know. I would assume ( once upon a time ) that the developers were doing all they could to put the game back to play ability, you see that in most other games, and software updates that go wrong. It is what a good business does. ( All men to the pumps attitude ). Now if there is a hot fix announced Monday for Tuesday PaulLG may have made a valid point, and some hope may be restored. But currently we are looking, from BB's own announcement, a scheduled deployment `sometime' in August ....that does not sound like all hands to the pump to me, more like `you there, newbie. Man the pump, while the rest of us get into the lifeboats'
    Nicely put.

I do generalize. BB miserably failed us and deserves all the criticism they get. It's not my task to discern which person or department exactly within BB is responsible for the fiasco, cause to the outside world BB present unified front. But I will be more then happy to modify my stance when someone from BB comes and says for example "it's not developers fault, it's us managers who wrecked it all by not thinking straight". Till that time, visible results strongly suggest that nobody at BB is doing all they can and working hard to keep the game playable (although I do believe they are doing at least something). And also nobody who's not working there can say "let us remember that developers are doing all they can" - that's pure speculation not founded on anything visible from outside BB. I would have to know something like that first, to be able to remember that ......... lol
    Last edited by Norton_C; 25.07.21 at 16:11.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton_C View Post
    And also nobody who's not working there can say "let us remember that developers are doing all they can" - that's pure speculation not founded on anything visible from outside BB. I would have to know something like that first, to be able to remember that ......... lol
    Spot on Norton_C, Just speculation does not do it for me. BB needs to be honest. I spent money on gems expecting to at least play what was before me or even better versions. They knew what they were going to offer was not good, nevertheless, just weeks ago we had happy hours and events. We would be way understanding if they told us what is really happening. Is it developers, management, financial, ....? Honesty ???? BB working hard ??? If they resolve the issue asap then we can say, they worked hard. As at now, we can not say they are working hard for certain.
    Last edited by Lene898; 25.07.21 at 16:59.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Don;t worry, the devs wont see these posts and be demotivated by it- If they see any posts it will be on the german forums or synopsis sent to them from these forums by faithful BB Traffer :P

Reply to Thread