Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: update 20/7/21

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Good analysis @Larili and @Stonewaller.

We are most probably stuck in the pit for many months to come.

World
    Newfoundland
    Time to focus on the silver lining

The excelsior bug has been fixed.
    Generals and quartermasters stay ready for elite troops even if emptied.
    The send army dialog does not keep emptying itself whilst trying to select generals.

Whilst BB have admitted that the game is not fully playable, at least the Mac and Linux players can get in and do as much as the Windows players can, so they are no longer disadvantaged.

The developers no longer have to worry about code being compatible with both the flash client and Unity versions, and they are now all focused on resolving the problems that we have.

Whilst I would, of course, prefer the game to be fully playable, let's remember that the developers are doing all they can to bring that about. Any mistakes made on the road from Flash back to browser are more likely the fault of BB management than the developers.

This is a long-term game, and many of us have been here for years. Surely we can potter around doing basic island maintenance for a little while whilst BB works on the game. It is an ideal time to do some building upgrades!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulLG View Post

The send army dialog does not keep emptying itself whilst trying to select generals.

Whilst BB have admitted that the game is not fully playable, at least the Mac and Linux players can get in and do as much as the Windows players can, so they are no longer disadvantaged.

The developers no longer have to worry about code being compatible with both the flash client and Unity versions, and they are now all focused on resolving the problems that we have.

Whilst I would, of course, prefer the game to be fully playable, let's remember that the developers are doing all they can to bring that about. Any mistakes made on the road from Flash back to browser are more likely the fault of BB management than the developers.

This is a long-term game, and many of us have been here for years. Surely we can potter around doing basic island maintenance for a little while whilst BB works on the game. It is an ideal time to do some building upgrades!
    Nice to see that someone can remain positive. I think a lot more would be where you are if BB did not make matters worse by blaming us for the trouble. I have been waiting for a proper explanation and an apology would also have been nice.
    Yes Traffer did say sorry - sort of, but that was very much spoiled when then next he wrote, was that the problems was fixed and all that is wrong is that we did not make proper bug reports.
    I am not a programmer, but not stupid either. I was sure this was where we would end up - just after seeing what went on with test, how little fixes they did and how terrible the game experience there was. I have been playing and testing other games before this, and never seen a new version like this being ready so fast. Never seen so few fixes and updates.
    This is not a question of bug reports - not even of testing, a few minutes of trying the game on themselves would have told them the basics.

They made a mess - what they should have done already when they was aware of this - was to be honest about it and give us some plan of what they meant to do.
    I don't like being told lies and blames for other peoples mistakes - I don't think anyone do.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

BrownGuy

hahaha , i gues this is one of the developers/moderators - code/smiles/traffer you praising your own bad work .. fix the game and make it playable - THEN praise your self ... untill then - job horribly done , shame on you

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownGuy View Post
    hahaha , i gues this is one of the developers/moderators
    No, just another long time player. One that thinks BB knows they're in a bad place, but continuing to stick the boot in whilst they're down is not helping.

The glass is half full, don't smash it!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    No, just another long time player. One that thinks BB knows they're in a bad place, but continuing to stick the boot in whilst they're down is not helping.

I think you might be right - but they would gane more respect by admitting it instead of blaming
    the players.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

BrownGuy

glass was 99% full 4 days ago ... also i did not smash anything - BB did

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Well it's only human nature to blame someone else. i've never known anyone hold there hands up and say sorry it was my fault.
    Polititions, cival servants, footballers
    even me. Why do i have so many resources, its not my fault my parents made me save up when i was a kid.
    Anyway i can't see it being resources as hardly anyone playing, only 78 trades in trade office, resources not being counted when offline.
    The game should play better if so.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Maybe an idea for BB, put testers and developpers in one big, good ventilated room and bug it out. Instant bugfixing. I've altered the code, how is it working? If positive go and release. This for a week. Probably the game will run twice as smooth as before.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    After reading this I see some good news and bad news for myself. Good news: It is not my computer or my vision failed (which is very good since I have enough health issues as it is). Bad news: instead of game I used to play I find myself looking at a heap of bullsh*t. What the heck happened??

Reply to Thread