Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Heres a suggestion: Rollback to a stable and playable game

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yes please - This is the nightmare we all feared- all the issues from test not sorted.
    and make the chat text size either larger or adjustable please.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    +1 the Thread request

World
    Newfoundland
    yep, no other way than back to client. shame on you BB
    BB almost killed my guild, but if you wanna join:

Newfoundland
    Green Thumb Crew [R-RZ]

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...rew-Recriuting

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    As someone who had minimal problems with the Client, I was not looking forward to Unity. So far I have found it almost unusable - painfully slow to load, very hard on my eyes, I have to scroll to see explorer rewards, all sorts of weird effects etc etc. I'm sure other players have listed the problems in detail. I expect the odd hiccup but this feels like something which is still in development mode. As someone who was a professional tester for much of my career in IT, I would have been ashamed to pass an application in the state TSO seems to be under Unity.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Let's all write in Help and Global Chats >> #ClientBack

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    From German forum https://forum.diesiedleronline.de/th...=1#post1794855

There will be no emergency maintenance as this is not a "server problem" but an apparent bug.
    A bug has to be found first and then fixed, we're not there yet. Should anything change in that, we would announce it.

A rollback is also not technically possible, that was a path in only one direction (currently).

I understand the displeasure, but will close this topic here as we already have a "Unity Feedback" topic. There you can write down your criticism. Many topics with the same content currently make processing difficult for us, feedback and, above all, also slow down bug fixes. So please understand. Kind

regards,
    BB_Kumakun

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post

There will be no emergency maintenance as this is not a "server problem" but an apparent bug.
    A bug has to be found first and then fixed, we're not there yet. Should anything change in that, we would announce it.

A rollback is also not technically possible, that was a path in only one direction (currently).

I understand the displeasure, but will close this topic here as we already have a "Unity Feedback" topic. There you can write down your criticism. Many topics with the same content currently make processing difficult for us, feedback and, above all, also slow down bug fixes. So please understand. Kind

regards,
    BB_Kumakun
    I other words, it is *our* fault for complaining about bugs they didn't fix on test despite us reporting them and bringing them to live that is the problem here.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    cant log in, "An error was detected in this zone. please try again" 6 hours same message

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post

regards,
    BB_Kumakun
    And why should we keep bothering to do so ??
    So far the bug reports did not really make any impression at all - they did not fix any of them - they are still there,- they was reported several month ago. It is an insult to ask people to keep doing it . when clearly they don't care to fix any of it.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    In case there is no one with a bit of economic understanding at BB (which seems to be the case, because this would not have happened otherwise): My guess is that your revenue from selling gems has essentially fallen to zero, because no one will invest into a game they cannot expect to play entertainingly for quite some time into the future. As long as the game stays like this, revenue from selling gems will remain at zero. The longer you wait with reverting to the client, the more people will lose trust that an investment into gems is worthwhile, and hence the longer the slump in revenue will be. If you want to minimize your losses, revert to the client immediately. Also: admit that this was a mistake and apologize to the players. This is a trust issue, so you have to try as much as possible to regain at least some of trust that you lost with this completely messed up release. Your revenue depends on it. This is important: I am not expecting you to do this, because you should be nice to the gamers. I am not counting on benevolence. I am expecting you to do this, because you want (and need) revenue. Revenue will not be forthcoming without it.

Reply to Thread