Reply to Thread

Thread: no access to server

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

no access to server

cant get onto the unity server login ok, screen comes up the progress bar shows and then it halts.
    first try waited 5 mins.
    Second time rebooted and ran from scratch - waited 24 mins
    third time rebooted and same response waited 30 mins.

my time testing on the test unity server seems wasted as this updates release is not working for me.

see image below.
    Attached Images

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I also seem to have this issue. I am using Firefox 90.0.1 64 Bit.
    Other family members using similar set ups can get into game, although it is laggy.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Do you see the "cube" here?

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    Do you see the "cube" here?
    I can see it traffer in both chrome and FF. chrome loads game fine, ff does not.

Purely from my pc and on my connection:
    Chrome and Edge load the game fine (after that is another question right now.....).
    FF basically just times out, I cba past 30 mins and gave up.
    Though I note somebody in G1 (Northisle) said they were in via FF so it must work for some (or that person was mistaken).

Edit, Vivaldi (based on opera iirc), loads it, but the first time the 'zone refreshed' pops, it throws a javascript error (window, centre top) and hangs.
    Last edited by Eeyore; 20.07.21 at 14:05.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    @BB_Trafffer
    That was the problem for me. I lockdown my browser pretty hard and had disabled WebGL through about:config.
    Both webgl.disable-wgl and webgl.disabled were set to true. I toggled both to False refreshed page and login started.

If you are messing with things in about:config please be careful as you can completely break your browser.
    To get into it type about:config in your address bar ( with no http etc.). There will be a splash screen with a warning about the damage you could do to your browser. Once you accept the risk a search bar will come up on the page, search for WebGL. A whole bunch of options will come up, simply scroll down and find webgl.disable-wgl and/or webgl.disabled and if they have been set to true you are able to toggle them on the right hand side of the page to false ( which is the default). By setting it to false your browser will be able to be tracked and probably why WebGL was turned off by someone at some point.

Good luck and thank you to BB_Trafffer for the clue.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I have not been able to for 4 weeks now - but why would I - now the home server is the test server - just as many bugs there, and why test - BB does not fix bugs- they just call the bugs "known issues" and let them stay.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Reply to Thread