Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: can we have client back please

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Thumbs down

I do not know if you follow player activity.
    Until unity: 4-6 hours each day
    After unity: 3 times in total ....

I'm been playing since 2012, it's a shame I invested all that time in the player.
    I recently started another network game to fill the void.

Goodbye, TSO

A well-known saying of programmers:
    If it works, do not touch
    Last edited by idanc; 02.09.21 at 11:01.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    It's interesting that the answer to the title of this thread is currently "yes", although unofficially thanks to Russian hacker. Long Live Putin, Savior of the TSO World.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    new quest-load the game within 60 min
    what's the point of having a test server if the result is what we all see?is there a system requirement to make this version playable?

BrownGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by idanc View Post
    I do not know if you follow player activity.
    Until unity: 4-6 hours each day
    After unity: 3 times in total ....

I'm been playing since 2012, it's a shame I invested all that time in the player.
    I recently started another network game to fill the void.

Goodbye, TSO

A well-known saying of programmers:
    If it works, do not touch
    Can you please write what game you play at the moment ? I need good replacement

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I would call for ALL players to boycott ANY spending in game until BB actually get some resolutions to the major issues in game and stop ignoring the forum posts and issues raised in chat when Trafffer actually bothers to interact, concentrating on people fawning over them, claiming minor fixes are an improvement to the game!

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by oompf View Post
    new quest-load the game within 60 min
    what's the point of having a test server if the result is what we all see?is there a system requirement to make this version playable?
    The official word: https://forum.thesettlersonline.com/...-Unity-Version

I have pretty good performance but I may be in the minority. Not quite as snappy as the old client, mind you, but decently playable. If specifics would help:

i7 11800H (2.3ghz) 16 GB RAM Win 10 Pro, GeForce RTX 3050 (not a great card, but ok) Chrome 93.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuseboy View Post
    The official word: https://forum.thesettlersonline.com/...-Unity-Version

I have pretty good performance but I may be in the minority. Not quite as snappy as the old client, mind you, but decently playable. If specifics would help:

i7 11800H (2.3ghz) 16 GB RAM Win 10 Pro, GeForce RTX 3050 (not a great card, but ok) Chrome 93.
    Glad you can play, but doubt it has much to do with the power of your computer. On top of that It should not be expected to play simple browser game and need top range gaming comp for that, that would be silly. I started to play FoE due to this dragging fiasco and loading the game takes 3 seconds. Repeat, 3 seconds, with no hiccups anywhere in the game. While here it takes 10 minutes or more to load completely and constant freeze/lag/refresh page etc. while playing.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton_C View Post
    Glad you can play, but doubt it has much to do with the power of your computer.
    I beg to differ. I have about six spare laptops, and the next one down (i5 something-or-other, same RAM, so-so gfx cd) is rather a lot more painful to play with. Keep going down the line, and it gets unplayable. They're all on the same lousy wifi halfway around the world from the server; I wouldn't be surprised if literally everyone else had a better network situation.

I was not arguing, and am not going to argue, what should or shouldn't be true for this game. I am just sharing my experiences.
    Last edited by Fuseboy; 06.09.21 at 18:40.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    even people with a high performance pc have issues ?

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Come on! This is ridiculous. All you need is a bunch of high school students and they could fix this mess in a couple of weeks. The game can't actually be played.

Reply to Thread