Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: can we have client back please

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    my big gues it is all to do with the money. Maybe there client licences fee is to big for the money the make with selling GEMS stones or premium stuff for real money and the game was to expensive to maintain. It is not fun to play indeed. The worst is the lag and that the star menu to send out your explores and so on is not reconed. That you suddenly click building or generals in de the background. Then you must work hard to close the wrong windows. So it has double problems of the lag ,not only the waiting wrong windows open en closing constant. Please give people choice

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    8 pages of individual users, not on the scale of german forum complaints, but for these servers its alot, please BB DONT MAKE US WAIT WEEKS for some fixes and longer for a really comfortable game that wont put new players off, LET US HAVE CLIENT UNTILL YOU FIX THIS MESS

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Let's take banners with "Set TSO Free! Return the Client!" and march at Germany ..... Need to find my Wellingtons as I need to cross the Canal first.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    +1

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I'm a programmer, and I'm really ashamed of the game's poor production.

#ClientBack

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
    Seems like the only way to get some answers here is to send a mail to Yves Guillemot and ask for a explanation
    Yves Guillemot has other things on his mind right now. From the French press, 2 days ago :
    "Union representative Solidaires Informatique filed a complaint against the Ubisoft group on July 15 for institutional sexual harassment, to which were added individual complaints against several executives. It targets on the one hand the company Ubisoft but also 10 natural persons, including the CEO of the group Yves Guillemot, the director of human resources Cécile Cornet who resigned from her position after the scandal, but also the number two of the group Serge Hascoët and editorial vice president Tommy Francois, both of whom were pushed out."
    Last edited by Huphup; 22.07.21 at 00:17.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    +1 to client back

i am playin TSO on a low spec pc, it is a old dual core computer with 2gb ram, in the client it was working smothly but after the launch of unity the game is super laggy, and after reading comments in the thread i can confirm that even high spec pc's are facing the same issues.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    +1 to client back

This unity version is a farce. Issues I raised when testing the unity version have not been addressed at all. I said then that playing the unity version of the game was more like a chore than participating in an enjoyable game. That opinion hasn't changed now that unity has gone 'live', if you can call it that.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    +1

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by saabii View Post
    +1 to client back

i am playin TSO on a low spec pc, it is a old dual core computer with 2gb ram, in the client it was working smothly but after the launch of unity the game is super laggy, and after reading comments in the thread i can confirm that even high spec pc's are facing the same issues.
    Yes the client and Flash was super compert to Unity. Flash was maybe not save but you could have fun playing the game. I think it is the unity rendering system and can not work how the old games work. Also onder games Unity based games are always recource demanding. Then we have it about big memory Textures and 4K shadow rich and lighting game play. Yeah Then the RTX2080Ti can do his part. But for the nice Flash game you could run it in the browser on Windows XP on pentium 4. On a medium high end system it is laggy as hell. Only not using the flash based Client. It was old but good. when the client came, every body got used to it but now you loos more people to abondon the game it is no fun at all to play. Waiting min. to send an explorer away, getting your loot out of mail inbox and so on.

Reply to Thread