Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: can we have client back please

BrownGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassady View Post
    Never thought I would see the day when settlers would be more unresponsive than the wife.
    this is harsh cassady ! i think toughest comment so far !! they deserve it thou

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    Any move BB makes seems to not work as intended and I think a move backwards will just create problems that we have forgotten about plus new ones. I want to give them this month to resolve the most important issues as they have asked. If they can do what they say then some old players who have not been able to log in and play since the client version may well come back, we miss them.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    Hello everyone.

The same version of Unity has been implemented in all TSO instances, so as you can guess, the issues are similar in each of them......
    Perhaps Trafffer, but as I can still get onto tsotesting2 and play the game there, but only get the hammer man on tsotesting and production, I put it to you that there is some (probably subtle) difference in the login/authenticate/authorise/initialise or whatever startup step that is different between those instances.

Suggest - take a copy of the tsotesting2 startup scripts and copy them to tsotesting and see if people can connect there once again.....

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    in the game client folder (%localappdata%\Ubisoft\The Settlers Online or where the client was installed):
    1. delete or rename the file The Settlers Online.exe
    2. rename the client.exe file (or client_real.exe if you used the highlight) to The Settlers Online.exe
    3. download the client.swf file and place it next to The Settlers Online.exe
    4. install TSOlastBreath.user.js in the browser via tampermonkey / greasemonkey
    5. on the main page of the game, press OLD CLIENT

source https://forum.thesettlersonline.ru/m...itor_messaging
    Last edited by SirriS_RU; 09.08.21 at 10:10.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Hello, do we use this client with the normal account (European English) or only with TSO

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    I can confirm the stuff posted by SirriS_RU works. Hopefully this method gets endorsed as a temporary workaround with the terrible state the unity client is in.

I get the feeling that instead it will be classed as being against the TOS and all effort will instead be put towards blocking this method from working.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hello folks.

We received reports from players that some of the major issues got better for them with an updated Java. The lag decreased, zone refreshed popups disappeared and no java/uncaught errors appeared during a normal game session. Therefore, we would like to advise you, to test this out for yourself.

Please install the latest Java Version from the official page: https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp (make sure to choose the correct version for your OS).

Note: We know the issue is connected to our system and are eagerly working on it. However, it is still important to keep your own system up to date, and Java doesn't seem to update itself for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotugo View Post
    I can confirm the stuff posted by SirriS_RU works. Hopefully this method gets endorsed as a temporary workaround with the terrible state the unity client is in.

I get the feeling that instead it will be classed as being against the TOS and all effort will instead be put towards blocking this method from working.
    We are aware of this change but I suggest that you do not try it - editing the registry may end badly for your system. There is no guarantee it will make any positive changes to your game, and this method doesn't change the game engine - it's still Unity & the same build.

The use of any third-party tools, extensions, etc. is prohibited by TOS. We are not going to have a "witch hunt", but if we ever decide to activate the script in the future, there is no way around it.
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 10.08.21 at 12:09.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    It does nothing to the windows registry. Can you learn more about how this stuff works before posting information about it?

It just replaces the unity client with the old client and adds a button to the homepage so the old client can be launched. Unless the old client has been reclassified as a "third-party tool", it really should not be an issue.

The old client connects to the servers and runs fine the way it did before it got disabled.

I am sorry BB_Trafffer, but you have been lied to by the development team just like us, the "one way process" you were told was just made up seeing as the old client can communicate with the servers just fine. Both the old client and the unity client are just front ends and it doesn't appear that anything on the backend was actually changed.

I have already been running the latest java versions and it has not helped me.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Ristlin View Post
    title says it all
    Please

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Thanks @SirriS_RU and @Kotugo , this works! Can also confirm that this does not edit the registry.

For visibility I created a thread for this: https://forum.thesettlersonline.com/...792#post365792

Reply to Thread