Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Unity version is unacceptable

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    This is utterly disgusting, you have fixed none of the bugs from the test version.
    In fact it's even worse as with more players on live, the lag has risen to unplayable proportions, and mail inbox is completely empty.
    This is NOT fit for purpose BB, you should be ashamed of yourselves.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    So it doesn't go on 32bit right?
    And then, when I tried it on 64 bit - with even transparency processed incorrectly!??? - there is one positive result for me - the certainty that Unity is not good for game design - demonstrated to the whole wolrd. Thanks a lot for this.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by wv318 View Post
    I cant even load my home island, by time it comes up I get a webgl memory error, and I'm not playing on a low spec computer Xeon 3253 @3.3 32gig ram and a Quadro RTX6000 so if i cant run it on this, who else can
    I can, but it is too slow, still has too many bugs, not worth wasting my time.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    but the developers were asked not to hurry. let unity be tested on the test. but what I saw on the game servers is absolutely not a working version. I'm not even talking about uncorrected errors. it just doesn't work. I do not know what unity is doing, because all the computer resources are free.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Agree with all of the above comments.
    I can now log into the game better than on the client server, however it is unplayable as the home land keeps refreshing and most of my buildings don't show, and the other things are not there, like deposits so cannot do any quests assoc with island. I don't know who is logged on within our guild, yes my bar turns blue but all the others stay green, and no login button appears above their names appears as before. I can only make one chat talk at a time, if I want to enter another or make a reply I have to log out then log in again each and every time.
    The game is totally useless in this state, so please listen to people and do something about it

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    agreed

World
    Newfoundland
    This is a bad development for the game. Shame...
    "Few products escape the CHOAM touch... Logs, donkeys, horses, cows, lumber, dung, sharks, whale fur - the most prosaic and the most exotic... even our poor pundi rice from Caladan. Anything the Guild will transport, the art forms of Ecaz, the machines of Richese and Ix. But all fades before melange." — Duke Leto Atreides, Dune

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    This release is an insult to all the players who have played this game for years. BB needs to revert to the client version while it sorts this crapulous shit show out.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aeij-oc-18s

the players vs the game, rofl.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    http://prntscr.com/1dy0wji
    Error message when:
    1. trying to load game
    2. trying to send in report to support

If the game has been closed and taken down, it would be only fair to replace the last announcement on "the succesful implementation" of the Unity Server to the live servers" on the webside.
    Last edited by MadOldHag; 21.07.21 at 14:35.

Reply to Thread