Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Report template

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

Trade Office History Bug

Not sure if this has been reported before (Sorry if it has) or it's a new one....

... But the Trade-Office History tab no longer shows the users very own history like before. It now shows recent activities within the Trade-Office. Ie. other users trade deals.

Screenshot provided below.
    Attached Images

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Some issues with Unity you may or may not be aware of (sorry a bit of a brain dump)

Generic template:
    • How did the error manifest itself?
    There are multiple issues detailed below (with screenshots where appropriate)

• Date and time - When did the problem occur?
    Every day, all the time

• What did you do last?
    Not relevant – these issues are clear and obvious and easy to reproduce.

• Did the problem occur more than once? Can it be reproduced?
    Yes – see screenshots and steps all listed below.

• Have you already done the first steps?
    CTRL+F5 forced refresh makes no difference. Problems have persisted since Unity version went live.

• Have you cleared your cache and cookies?
    Yes

• Can you take a screenshot of it?
    Yes see below.

• Which operating system do you use (Windows, Mac OS, Linux, ...)?
    Windows 10 (x64)
    • Internet provider / Internet speed:
    Several: 350Mbit normally and others 100Mbit, 30Mbit all the same!

• Internet access (LAN/WLAN/UMTS):
    WIFI and LAN (no difference)

• Please attach Screenshots of the Dev Console (Press F12 in the browser while you experience the error). Please send Screenshots of the "Inspector" Tab AND the "Console" Tab.

Not really applicable/appropriate for each issue! It your need specifics, Im willing to help out.

• Which browser AND browser version are you using?
    Edge 92.0.902.73
    Chrome (latest)
    Chromium 71.0.3578.98
    Firefox 90.0.2

Now for the specifics:

NOTE: Problems all seem consistent across browsers (Edge, Chrome, Firefox)
    I’ve held off for several fixes, but the game is still so much more painful (even after today's update – although the fix for the bulk mail/loot collection is much appreciated!)
    I thought I’d wait until after today's update to send these through in case you had fixed any of them.
    I guess you know probably about all of these issues (none of them are show stoppers, just annoying that such regressions still exist) but just in case you don’t I thought I’d list them all…

1. After a geologist finds a mine-able resource, in the old client/flash, the resource would be visible making locating the resource and placing the mine easy. In the new unity version, the resource is not shown – just a blank spot where it should be (note if the geologist has special abilities, the gold leaf IS floating above the empty resource!)
    Screenshot [SOL1] sol1.jpg

When you actually select the iron mine, the resource does become visible, but it always used to be visible prior to selecting the mine to build!
    Screenshot [SOL2] sol2.jpg

2. Items for collection/event up-gradable buildings still show as ready to collect/upgrade AFTER collecting/upgrading them…
    Screenshot [SOL3], [SOL4]
    sol3.jpgsol4.jpg

3. Star menu, sending explorers – still not right – missing/not registering all clicks, not highlighting the selected treasure search (the old client used to keep the selected button highlighted in a burgher colour (like the hover colour) – not a major issue but along with missing clicks it makes it difficult to see which search is selected!

I suspect the missing clicks are because the animation of the explorer window s very slow (still) so the click is sent slightly before the window is positioned. Why animate this (especially so slowly)!

Also the tool tips obscure the actual button that’s being hovered over (although t does seem to click through OK)

Screenshot [SOL5] sol5.jpg

To be continues (as I can only attach 5 files sigh!)
    Last edited by Phil2012; 18.08.21 at 16:51.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Some issues with Unity you may or may not be aware of (continued)

.... Continued
    4. Guild chat appears to be broken (again)
    sol6.jpg

5. Scrolling the trade window (trade between friends) once notch of the scroll wheel scrolls 1/3rd of a line – making it very slow to scroll down to the item you want to trade. Clicking the scroll bar seems to scroll a whole page at a time – which is too much – a nice in-between – one wheel “notch” should scroll one line of items! We don’t need slow “smooth” scrolling!

What is worse, if the mouse pointer is over a GAP between items, the wheel does not scroll AT ALL – so you can start scrolling, and if it happens that scroll causes the cursor to be in between items, then continuing to scroll fails until you move the cursor!
    sol7.jpg
    EG: Wheel wont scroll when cursor is here!

6. While noting the above, I received a trade request, but in the mail box the top message had two messages in one line (didn’t manage to capture a screen shot of this). The trade request AND a loot collection were both on the TOP line (I have not seen this prior to todays update?)

7. Moving around my island, still it “slowly” redraws the land, and takes much longer to draw all the buildings that the flash/client ever did.
    sol8.jpg

8. EDIT Another one: When creating in the provision house/barracks etc. it no longer shows HOW MANY THINGS you are creating which is a real PAIN!
    I need to know how many items I'm creating so I get the right amount (or close to it)!
    sol9.JPG

9. Significant problem, the Unity version seems to be using much more CPU/GPU resources.
    On my high end systems, it causes my CPU/GPU fans to constant spin and the CPU to always run at high clock speeds – this not only makes it VERY noisy on my laptop (high spec gaming laptop (I7 9xxxx with RTX2060, 32Gb RAM)) but also, it warms up my room more (summer with no aircon and I hate to think what this means for the environment/electricity bills across the whole user-base!!!!

The overall experience playing the game is definitely not what it was before Unity (I’m still trying to send out my explores and do the guild tasks but I haven't done any adventures since Unity – not worth the hassle).
    Having said that, it is getting better, just too slowly!
    I still don’t understand how the Unity version was released when it was so clearly NOT ready as was blatantly obvious from the test servers and all the comments on the forums before and since Unity was made “live”. If I were to do this in my software development job, I would be fearing for my future, and our customers would rightly be very upset and look elsewhere!

Thanks
    Last edited by Phil2012; 18.08.21 at 16:58.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Finally managed to get my game to load for the first time since maintenance on the 4th but all I can get is swamp island. Can turn production buildings on and off but nothing else works for me. Have spent hours refreshing and signing in and out but can't get it to load completely. Have done the clear cache and used different browsers but no difference made.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Stronghold x 2
    Supposed to be 24/hr at 200% so 12hr; is actually 8hrs; same for all buffs; 8hrs is listed in make step and queue mouseover

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    /ignoreadd /ignoreremove & /ignoreshow don't display anything so unable to verify if the first two work
    /help works

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Brew produced without input, economy view reflects the same.

Mailbox now has pagination.
    Selection filters only work on the active page, not the whole mailbox.

6 Pages of mail:

Battle reports listed as available to select as being bold:

Selecting battle reports shows no items:

Going a page where there are battle reports and applying filter results in filtered items:

And that concludes this week's unpaid, unacknowledged and unappreciated beta testing.
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 06.09.21 at 11:02.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    when i select trade mail, the first 2 pages are loot mail

https://prnt.sc/1qx4mx4

Nifty
    World
    Northisle

Lightbulb Any successfully connected 32-bit users?

Can ANYONE on a 32-bit system get in?

If so, can you detail what your setup is so our 32-bit users have something to also try please?

Reply to Thread