Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New deployment in AUGUST ?

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by morelene View Post
    You can give bad developers as much money as you like, they will be and are bad developers.
    Its a tad more complicated that that.

There is certain levels of failure where you can hardly imagine someone can be that incompetent, because it would require not following literally all good practices and patterns that were develop over the years to make things easier for yourself. In the IT world we currently live in this would mean either intentionally sabotaging project you're working on or being some kind of political motivated hire that has no business being anywhere near code repository. In this day and age a good university student with no prior work experience has on average more knowledge than the minimum required to avoid such blunders.

Taken this into consideration I maintain the position that the 'quality' of the issues we're having is for the most part consequence on them going head first into the wall on purpose, because I find it unlikely the project was profitable for years now, and for some weird reason they cant figure out how to get out of this situation in an elegant way.

The fact they did nothing to transition to a different technology for more than a year since (literally!) players started asking about the future of the game says alot.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Assuming it is financial, why did they not choose to inform players maybe six months or so before this blunder. They could just be honest and say, we will be closing, so people at least do not invest real money to buy gems--if you buy it is all on you--, an investment made for the future, which may just come to a screeching halt. Flash going away has been there, if I am not exaggerating, almost 10 years. I really can not understand, I would say, I hope they now know that the engine used, may not be helpful as well. I will be beautifully surprised if in August, they can resolve this, unless they start from scratch with maybe a new engine. If they can not even give us the client because of finances, I wonder. People just feel wronged, since what we are being told does not add up really. I unfortunately I do not believe it is easy to come by good developers. If it is financial, then they may not have money to hire good developers who can get the job done. The issue is not many developers, a few good ones get the work done. With that said, it is not easy to find good developers.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    I've been trying to analyse why I am so worked up about this, because it's unusual for me to feel so aggrieved about something like a stupid internet game!
    It's not the actual game as such - I can take it or leave it honestly, there's plenty of other things to do.
    I think it's because I work(ed) in Quality Control and the complete lack of any on this product really annoys me
    In my line there are 3 levels of QC, the first and the most successful is the 'self-inspection' of the people actually creating the product. They verify their own work for compliance to customer requirements and industry standards before passing on to second stage (independent inspection) because, let's face it, no-one wants to put out crap work do they?
    The engineers take great pride in their work and, as I remember from my time as an engineer, they defy the independent inspection stage to find anything wrong, which it rarely does.
    It's quite apparent that at BlueByte, there is no QC / Inspection process at all. A quick half hour try out of the game would have set alarm bells ringing.
    There should also be in place safeguards to prevent Management (who are driven by timelines and budgets and usually have little regard for Quality) bullying the producers to put out a sub-standard product (if that is the case here.)
    I don't know, it's just that whole shoddiness and lack of accountability that pisses me off!
    Last edited by Kafka-; 23.07.21 at 08:56.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    well said kafka...

e1 else seems to have wild imaginations and going off on all sorts of tangents when bb has given no hint at all as to what the issue(s) may actually be!

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    I'm slowly losing hope. There is too much weirdness in BB behavior. And on top of that, it massively reminds me my own situation at work. Trying to talk some sense to my managers seems impossible, unless I take them to Tribunal. I clearly don't need more of such folly in what should be a pass time fun activity. BB atm. does not qualify for any positive comment, everything they do and say is just disaster and deception. Very disappointing.

On another note (although connected) - have all the Moderators ran away from this fiasco? Cause I only see BB_Trafffer on forums doing even simple tasks like closing thread ............ Everybody leaving the sinking boat?

And just an idea: Maybe all the hard work coders have been doing until now was reading textbooks trying to understand how the hell this bloody Unity is supposed to work and how to fix it. That would reconcile the claims of hard work with no actual visible results. Problem solved. They are not actually lying ............ lol. Also, that would explain why they fixed a few straightforward non-critical issues while still leaving the game in shambles, cause the former is easy while the latter requires extensive knowledge and experience which they do not possess among themselves. Cause I am sure they know the Unity release is disaster and they knew it ahead of time, they are not so dumb.
    Last edited by Norton_C; 23.07.21 at 10:24.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Is anyone here ever going to engage in a BB game ever again? I for sure will not!

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    From Blue Byte's website: "With more than 30 years of experience, Ubisoft Blue Byte is a pioneer of the European games industry. Today, we are the biggest game developer in Germany with three distinct studios in Berlin, Düsseldorf and Mainz. Our diverse teams from over 40 countries create and co-develop a wide range of AAA Ubisoft games for an international audience. We are proud contributors of cutting-edge technologies and services to the Ubisoft group. If you want to work on AAA games, big brands and future technologies, there is no better place to be." I'm laughing so hard my tummy hurts!!!!

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastynono View Post
    Is anyone here ever going to engage in a BB game ever again? I for sure will not!
    Me. I'm gonna stay with the game until it either get's playable again or is closed down, hoping for the former to come true. BB messed up but the game is good.

BrownGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastynono View Post
    i think it is perfect time to implement "end of the world" event again ! Theme should be - if more then 10 people per server still plays game in 2 weeks game continues

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton_C View Post
    Me. I'm gonna stay with the game until it either get's playable again or is closed down, hoping for the former to come true. BB messed up but the game is good.
    agreed

Reply to Thread