Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Positive things about Unity

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by vigabrand View Post
    i feel the need to apologise to Kist, yes u r right lets try and find some positives...
    Looking, looking

Most have been mentioned already...

Oh it made my forum post count go up a load in a hurry :P

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    It's like a mind game, is it. trying to counter overall negativity. There's one major positive thing. Unity means that the game has future and we can keep playing (sometimes in the future when it is fixed enough), otherwise the game would just be shut down. So that's the major one. Other than that ........... thinking positive might make you feel better, but does not change anything about the fact that the game at the moment is crap full of bugs to the point of being unplayable for most/many players, however much you try to be positive.

Im my opinion, rather then trying to find false positives, it is much better to just accept the things as they are, which is that BB messed up the game big time, they are not giving us enough info as we want to know, nevertheless they are working on it, the game is in alfa or beta version, the progress is slow, it will be bugged for many months to come, but sooner or later most bugs will be fixed, the game will continue it's development, even improvement, at some point we will start enjoying the game again, and in the mean time there is nothing much we can do with this BB mess other then be patient and wait. And maybe entertain ourself by making fun of BB and sharing our complaints about the bugs ........ lol ....... Or by trying to find false positives for that matter .............
    Last edited by Norton_C; 05.08.21 at 12:56.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Painted kitchen, shower room, sorted garden, been fishing, tidied paperwork re insurances etc, even cleaned the car.

BrownGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton_C View Post
    It's like a mind game, is it. trying to counter overall negativity. There's one major positive thing. Unity means that the game has future and we can keep playing (sometimes in the future when it is fixed enough), otherwise the game would just be shut down. So that's the major one. Other than that ........... thinking positive might make you feel better, but does not change anything about the fact that the game at the moment is crap full of bugs to the point of being unplayable for most/many players, however much you try to be positive.

Im my opinion, rather then trying to find false positives, it is much better to just accept the things as they are, which is that BB messed up the game big time, they are not giving us enough info as we want to know, nevertheless they are working on it, the game is in alfa or beta version, the progress is slow, it will be bugged for many months to come, but sooner or later most bugs will be fixed, the game will continue it's development, even improvement, at some point we will start enjoying the game again, and in the mean time there is nothing much we can do with this BB mess other then be patient and wait. And maybe entertain ourself by making fun of BB and sharing our complaints about the bugs ........ lol ....... Or by trying to find false positives for that matter .............
    game is basically dead for me .. with this tempo they will fix it to previous state in couple of years and there is plenty of other games whos developers did not destroy its own product . I am just having a bit bit of fun here at the forum funeral - that is positive thing !

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownGuy View Post
    game is basically dead for me .. with this tempo they will fix it to previous state in couple of years and there is plenty of other games whos developers did not destroy its own product . I am just having a bit bit of fun here at the forum funeral - that is positive thing !
    Ye, I'm ready for the long run. In the meantime I'm sorting my life a bit more, and resurrected Farmerama.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton_C View Post
    sooner or later most bugs will be fixed
    Sooner...

What also cracks me up is folks saying "well done devs", "nice job on first update BB" etc.

IRL, if I ignore a deadline for two years, put in a short term fix that excludes a bunch of customers, rush a permanent solution that makes a product 90% unusable, then drip feed fixes over weeks and months, no one is telling me well done, I'm fired at step one or getting my butt kicked every day till it's fixed.

You are customers people (whether you pay for gems or not), if you have a decorator to your house on Monday, tell him you want your walls in blue wallpaper by Friday, and by the next Wednesday he has painted your walls yellow and then once a week for 3 months he puts on a strip of blue wallpaper, you don't congratulate him every week.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Found a positive!! FOUND A POSITVE!!!! Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!

Scouting Post dialogue *appears* to be 100%

Neat fonts, correct pictures, output shown and named, input mouseover displays items in storage.
    Now just to replicate that style to all the other buildings of this type.

Edit for accuracy - positive in this case means not broken, so neutral really.
    Last edited by ClarenceDuPont; 06.08.21 at 10:01. Reason: Accuracy

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by ClarenceDuPont View Post
    Sooner...

What also cracks me up is folks saying "well done devs", "nice job on first update BB" etc.
    Know exactly what you mean. Had similar thoughts, just did not bother to comment.

It's actually funny how some places employees get crap for every minor detail missing, while other places they get away with everything. Like the last hotel I worked at, people were getting crap talk from supervisors for absolutely minor insignificant details in rooms setups, or being 10 mins late etc. Oh well, will have to talk to my managers again, still working for the same hotel chain. I'm becoming unpopular with managers there.

Well done for finding that one dialog window which was not broken
    Last edited by Norton_C; 06.08.21 at 15:43.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    i would LOVE to say good stuff about it BUT.... another day another "no isle for you!!!" so if i cant get on my island i cant see anything good on it - the one time i did have it load it had no chat and no pop ups to send geos or explorers , no mail and really could do nothing in it

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    lots of bugs to fix, and we can discuss compensation for not being able to retreat gens later...It BETTER be large!
    After 1st bug fix it's much better. I for one am happy to wait and hopefully the fixes keep coming.
    nice to have excelsior back working, and there are some ok things about the new version. I quite likethe gens not flipping troop choice.

Other than that well done on working on code that must be years old. Keep the fixes coming asap...

Reply to Thread