Reply to Thread

Thread: Will not load

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

Will not load

Since the switch to Unity I can not get the game to load. The homepage displays, as does the log in page, but as soon as I log in it goes to the loading page then just sticks. I have tried logging in & out, multiple times. I have also tried reloading & refreshing the page, but nothing works. I have tried both the Ubisoft & Facebook logins all to no avail.
    I am running the latest version of windows 10, on the latest version of the chrome browser on a 32 bit system.

BrownGuy
    you are luckiest gamer on earth !

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Animal1305 I have the same problem and attached an image in an earlier post...
    I applaud those that have got on and have the tenacity and mental capability to persevere with the testing and do the system and user testing for the unity version.
    I hope that that fixes will come swiftly and more people can get on....

Functional corrections is good, but we also need the capacity and ability for us all to join.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Cant get into test game https://prnt.sc/1f2pcg9

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    You might need to try get help from support for this " if there is any" - This problem is preventing me from loggin in to test server, and I was told that it is because my island data for some reason has been corrupted. They have to fix it manually.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    You might need to try get help from support for this " if there is any" - This problem is preventing me from loggin in to test server, and I was told that it is because my island data for some reason has been corrupted. They have to fix it manually.
    Rather difficult, the ticketing system is broken and emails are not getting through/bouncing.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    anyone know if unity test is still running though?

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    hi john
    I have managed to get it to load twice today... thought I might as well as nothing much else to do

It took even longer to load than main game (an hour or so), once it had loaded my explorers were keen to get into action and took little prompting no different to client (but theres only half a dozen of them not the hoards that populate real game). Difficult to tell what else was going on... main reason for trying twice was that my island appears to have sunk and all I had was sea (twice). there was chat though.

say hi to everyone in ZON for me, I have tried to get on a couple of time, loading is not too bad but my island is unplayable

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Hello, this is my attempt to follow up my previous forum report on results with Unity. It has not helped. While it seems to be easier for me to get into the game, my account is still pretty much unuseable. First the account takes close to 5 minutes to finish uploading, far more than previously. Second, All the functions in the account are noticibly slower and the Star function eve more. Just to go through and send out geologists and explorers takes to longer... . .... The game is not play able. third; in addition to so much slower, the Star functions seem to sometimes accept a mission for an Explorer and then change its mind . I have gone back numerous times and found explorers that I sent out, back at rest as if I had not taken 1/2 minute struggle to get it away. There are others, with the account in this state I will not even try a simple adventure.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Game stops loading at 40% progress.

When I checked Chrome Taskmanager (shift+esc or left mouse click on task bar), it shows the window with TSO loaded over 750 mb and is idling. I have 16 gb RAM and my browser is patched for loading huge amounts with the fix from this sticky guide "[Guide] Better loading times". In old days of Flash, there was a login bug, which stopped loading game at 40% progress and barely is using any CPU. However the mentioned fix for fast loading time was a work around for it. Now, this fix does not work anymore. Whatever this event brought in, when it gets removed (together with this event probably), then TSO will be "playable" again. I just need to sit this pagan event out, like a good Catholic. Hooray!

Reply to Thread