Reply to Thread

Thread: Top Left Notification Animation is the cause of the lag

World
    Newfoundland

Top Left Notification Animation is the cause of the lag

Hi BB,

I think top left notification animation is the cause of the lag.
    while every actions we do leads to a notification, when it's appearing it causes lag. When the animation ended also lag ends till next notification shows up.
    Maybe if you solve this problem (maybe temporary disable animation) we can at least use the game currently unplayanle.
    If this doesn't solve the issue, it might be the notification Loading and showing up the problem
    Last edited by UsUe; 23.07.21 at 06:39.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    du u think maybe its whats running in the background while the animation is visible causing lag rather than a little graphic on screen?

World
    Newfoundland
    I'm not sure... But if you send an explorer, and you scroll the map, you will notice it will lag while notification is coming out.
    Any action you do while the notification is coming out will be lagged (the clicks to send another explorer, the click to build something).
    It reproduces also if you click many collectibles that causes notifications to come out
    here is a small proof: https://www.facebook.com/us.ue.3/videos/251152536824332
    Last edited by UsUe; 23.07.21 at 13:48.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    backs up what u said really. normally i wouldn't have said anything as the dev team would realise this, but the bb dev team obviously need all the help they can get!

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    While taking into an account that our experience may be different, this does not seem to apply to me. Rather nearly every opened window seems to worsen these micro-freezes and lags. Which was the case on Test server also.

World
    Newfoundland
    Yes i believe it's something with anything just apperaing on the screen, also the black tooltips or menu star... Maybe it's the animation, maybe it's the communication with server... I don't know but this is the big issue at the moment.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Zone refreshed!

But it's top right not top left, about every 30 seconds.
    The one guildmate I have managed to chat to in pm's doesn't see it, though does get the stutter every 30 seconds or so.
    It also throws the focus away from the chat window so you leave something half typed and have to mouse back.

It's the exclamation mark that kills me, like it's a good thing....

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
    Zone refreshed!

But it's top right not top left, about every 30 seconds.
    The one guildmate I have managed to chat to in pm's doesn't see it, though does get the stutter every 30 seconds or so.
    It also throws the focus away from the chat window so you leave something half typed and have to mouse back.

It's the exclamation mark that kills me, like it's a good thing....
    I guess it's all same/similar issue manifested at different depth. Sometimes I get these micro-freezes without "refresh" message, sometimes the "refresh" message is there together with freezes, and sometime the freeze lasts so long that "page not responding" message is displayed.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    try to click on an oil mill : (

World
    Newfoundland
    I've spotted another bug https://forum.thesettlersonline.com/...e-the-zone-lag and I think this is the main issue.
    When it makes the api request for anything it lags by all duration of the response from server.

Reply to Thread