Reply to Thread

Thread: Multiple servers/forum access

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland

Multiple servers/forum access

Since this Unity rollout, I have tried to search for info from the German forums in a separate tab, but doing so completely logs me out of the game on here, and forum, so we appear completely restricted by Unity to only playing/accessing 1 server at a time.
    This is insane, Flash let us access as many as we liked simultaneously, so long as we used different browsers for each world within a language instance (awkward but logical).
    This is a huge backward step and makes it even harder to check facts/ possible duplications when re-reporting all the bugs we found on Testing.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    u can still do it with multiple browsers- which might alleviate this issue for you.

World
    Newfoundland
    Afraid not, even just 1 island is causing the fans in the comp to spin up, which is incredible seeing as it doesn't even break a sweat on high-res action games.
    How they've managed to get the quest log and mailbox to stress out processor and gpu is beyond me.
    We love our new CM.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Hi Nog, likewise mate re fan/processor if try more than one world at a time

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    strange. my one doesn't go over 15%

3 games and almost 12 tabs open at a time

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    3 x TSO or 3 different games? And if it is 3 x TSO- what setup do u use LOL, i might drop my laptop on the floor ....

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualan View Post
    3 x TSO or 3 different games? And if it is 3 x TSO- what setup do u use LOL, i might drop my laptop on the floor ....
    neah, i'm using 1 TSO and 1 testserver (now and then) + 2 other games (ikariam and elvenar) [all on edge] +torrent going + media player

now and then it peaks at 19% but stable under 15% most of the time

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Like i said- what are u running that on LOL- we can all solve BB's problem by upgrading our systems :P

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    if only one tab is active, others (minimized) are paused, default browser settings those days to save resources, so having one TSO up, with TSO test and elves, forge and some others tabs down, takes about 10% cpu 10-40% gpu based on what I`m doing. Having TSO and TSO testing side by side or both full screen and moving between doing staff, then quick click on task manager, seen cpu up to 25% and once gpu on 70% even its mostly about 40%, more quick action you try to do, higher usage.
    When I dont do anything on loaded map full screen in backround, like now when writing post, cpu is on 1-2%, gpu up to 4% max. Second I hower over TSO tab, cpu goes to 10%, gpu again to 20-40%.
    Its on lappy, R7 5800H, rtx3070, m2 1TB m2 samsung on PCIe3.0, 32G RAM, wifi ax but working 300/300 due to AP with 5ghz an, not ax, 1gbit/1gbit over ether.
    edit:
    and using:
    Google Chrome
    Version 92.0.4515.131 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    Last edited by First_Lord; 03.08.21 at 16:18.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualan View Post
    Like i said- what are u running that on LOL- we can all solve BB's problem by upgrading our systems :P
    The Met Office's Cray??
    Think at this rate we're all going to need to build render farms of machines.
    We love our new CM.

Reply to Thread