Reply to Thread

Thread: Bug Tracker

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove

Bug Tracker

Would BB consider sharing with the community their bug tracker?

Then we would be able to see what they have acknowledged as bugs, what they are working on and what they have fixed.

This could be in a locked forum post or a link to a view only google doc or whatever.

Then we wouldn't have to keep reporting the same things over and over, and we would have some confidence that issues that have been reported are being worked on.

I would say that confidence in BB is low within the community at present and the reputational damage they have incurred as a result of this fiasco will take some repairing.

By sharing this information with us and showing us action instead of words, it might be a step towards restoring some confidence.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Of course not, what was I thinking?!

So SNAFU then, you keep pretending / ignoring / lying and we'll keep slagging you off, if that's how you like to run your business.
    Good luck getting any money off anyone then
    Last edited by Kafka-; 03.08.21 at 16:43.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    A bug tracker is a good idea but BB would just mess it up. If you want replies fromm BB's you have to make duplicate threads, then they wake up and tell you to write it somewhere else. That's about the extend of response we can expect

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Niclin View Post
    A bug tracker is a good idea but BB would just mess it up. If you want replies fromm BB's you have to make duplicate threads, then they wake up and tell you to write it somewhere else. That's about the extend of response we can expect
    Lol, it's funny, but it's almost true ....... lol

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    the high tech solution can be found here

https://forum.thesettlersonline.com/...-Verified-Bugs

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafka- View Post
    Would BB consider sharing with the community their bug tracker?

Then we would be able to see what they have acknowledged as bugs, what they are working on and what they have fixed.

This could be in a locked forum post or a link to a view only google doc or whatever.

Then we wouldn't have to keep reporting the same things over and over, and we would have some confidence that issues that have been reported are being worked on.

I would say that confidence in BB is low within the community at present and the reputational damage they have incurred as a result of this fiasco will take some repairing.

By sharing this information with us and showing us action instead of words, it might be a step towards restoring some confidence.
    There are a few wrong assumptions with your proposal:
    - You assume that they use a bug tracker and know how to use it
    - You assume that they have a "Customer Service Culture" - that is not very common in German companies (I can say that - I am German, but moved to the US, 25 Years ago). Just remember how long it took until German car manufactures added cup holder to their cars - they ignored the VOC (Voice of the customer) until they saw a drop in sales.

Other than that - I absolutely support your proposal.
    Show us the number of reported bugs, verified bugs, fixed bugs (ready for next release), estimated next release date - update it every few days
    And for extra bonus points - show a list of reported bugs so your customers (WE) don't have to report a bug that is already known.

Oh well - I guess too much to ask for.

Reply to Thread