Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Changelog 04.08.2021

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by visage View Post
    thousands ild say cant log in lol
    use a free VPN like Proton and route thu the USA that will get you logged in the game at least to maintenance island

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hello folks.

We received reports from players that some of the major issues got better for them with an updated Java. The lag decreased, zone refreshed popups disappeared and no java/uncaught errors appeared during a normal game session. Therefore, we would like to advise you, to test this out for yourself.

Please install the latest Java Version from the official page: https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp (make sure to choose the correct version for your OS).

Note: We know the issue is connected to our system and are eagerly working on it. However, it is still important to keep your own system up to date, and Java doesn't seem to update itself for everyone.
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 10.08.21 at 12:03.

World
    Newfoundland
    Java and JavaScript are different technologies implemented by different organisations.

https://www.java.com/en/download/hel...avascript.html

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/...out_JavaScript

I agree that keeping our computers up to date is important, however we should also not install unnecessary utilities. To my underatanding the Java client is not required to run JavaScript, and it is not currently installed on my computer.

Are you saying that Java is used by the game, in addition to JavaScript?

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    Hello folks.

We received reports from players that some of the major issues got better for them with an updated Javascript. The lag decreased, zone refreshed popups disappeared and no javascript/uncaught errors appeared during a normal game session. Therefore, we would like to advise you, to test this out for yourself.

Please install the latest Javascript Version from the official page: https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp (make sure to choose the correct version for your OS).

Note: We know the issue is connected to our system and are eagerly working on it. However, it is still important to keep your own system up to date, and JavaScript doesn't seem to update itself for everyone.
    This is absolute nonsense as Java runtime has nothing to do with JavaScript. Unity WebGL export does not use Java either. JavaScript implementations are per browser and cannot be updated by the user manually other than updating the whole browser. Chrome for example uses V8.

World
    Sandycove
    LMAO . Here we go again, Its Our computers, its Our OS, its Our updates, and even in another thread we are told to use Our workarounds !
    My advise based on all the years playing this game is DON'T MESS AROUND WITH YOUR SYSTEM TILL BB FIX THEIR END. Remember THEY broke it at their end not yours, don't let them break your systems out of desperation to try and play. If everything else works fine on your system leave it alone, they have so far made one update and it did not address play ability and messed up some log ins .... who do you trust to give you advise, BB or Players ?
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Heya Trafffer.

I've updated my java script and I've still got a sea of blue and no functionality. My whole island has now run down and all I can attempt is the guild quest and the daily quest.

Chewing through my premium. Can't do adventures, can't send explorers, can't build any buildings, can't visit friends islanders.

For finer detail, I can't open my barracks/elite barracks, i can't make books, my provision house is useless icons, no Christmas market activation, no stadium snacks, no oil refinery.

Tomorrow is a week since this all went very, very pear shaped. My whole guild didn't make it through the cut over and this is going to hurt us again.

:-(

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulLG View Post
    Java and JavaScript are different technologies implemented by different organisations.

https://www.java.com/en/download/hel...avascript.html

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/...out_JavaScript

I agree that keeping our computers up to date is important, however we should also not install unnecessary utilities. To my underatanding the Java client is not required to run JavaScript, and it is not currently installed on my computer.

Are you saying that Java is used by the game, in addition to JavaScript?
    Sorry for the confusion, I corrected the post.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Question - I have no java on my system, (javascript is enabled) I can log in and do stuff on my island, how does installing a new 3rd party element that I haven't needed for a month help? Is it officially a requirement now?

https://www.whatismybrowser.com/dete...a-is-installed

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    No, I won't test it out for myself - I'm not a program tester for BlueByte.

Other browser games I use work perfectly fine on my setup - I'm not installing stuff that I don't need just for the sake of playing this (I'm not playing now anyway.)

Obviously BB have no idea what they're doing and they're clutching at straws and trying to make like it's our fault.

Why don't you admit this it's all too much for you to understand, pull the plug on TSO, fire all the so-called dev team and management, get some programmers who know how to programme a game and release a completely new version after a year or so.

This will never be fixed properly, there are too many fundamental problems that are beyond the capabilities of the people at BB, may as well just bin it.
    Last edited by Kafka-; 11.08.21 at 08:51.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    Sorry for the confusion, I corrected the post.
    No, now it's just 100% wrong and potentially harmful information. What is the actual source to ask users install the Java runtime? Did the developers actually suggest this or was it a pick from some user forum post?

Most browsers have not even supported Java runtime for years as it was deemed to be a security risk like Flash as it used the old plugin system in browsers. Unity WebGL which the current TSO is using does not use it either for the same reasons.

Reply to Thread