Reply to Thread

Thread: after upgrade no chat showing

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove

Angry after upgrade no chat showing

just logged on yippe settings , have been saved

boo boob boo below

all my chat windows not working --empty- shows typing but are not sent. or echoed backed , bad bad bad

5 fixes in a month , after thousands of problems have been sent, they are creating other bugs as they try to fix bugs, going to be a long long time to get this game working as good as "flash"

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Same, zero chats

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Had same probs in Firefox this morning, switched to Edge and it worked, now tried Firefox again and got all except guild.

Was wondering then if it was just me. Apparently not.

Quick check of Edge and no guild again. Pffft.

Game is loads faster though. If they did these kinds of improvements like every 3 days they wouldn't be killing it.

Been jumping around Edge, Firefox and Opera GX now and seems I can type in chat and see my own messages but no idea if anyone else can see guildchats. Other channels seem fine, at least since that first switch from FF to edge. Guild jsut refuses to give me some history and with no way of seeing if anyone is on not sure if peeps just waiting off maint or have similar issues.
    Last edited by SnowBlizz; 04.08.21 at 12:17.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    What a load of dolts you are!

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Are we sure it's been upgraded? Nothing at all has changed/improved for me. In fact, it's worse because not only is everything slow but now it keeps freezing and there's no chat or events log.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    u do realise u posting on test server forums and not live server? Dont think test was upgraded today, that was done last friday

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Please try using "Incognito Mode" in your browser. After successful logging in, the next login should work from the regular tab. We will also do some actions later that should fix this issue.

You can also try this:
    Clear: 1. Cache 2. DNS 3. Cookies
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 04.08.21 at 14:51.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Chat didnt work for me on 1st load, then when I re-freshed game the chat is now working.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    switch TAB to smtg else (not the game), wait 2-4 min, then swap back to the game.
    it'll refresh all chat channels

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Think we need to loan the devs some 10 year old accounts, obviously they're not seeing what we are with brand new accounts created for the conversion attempt.

Update: Tried incognito mode on Chrome, game refused to allow me to login even though I'd checked "Accept cookies".
    Odd quirk, no chat on Newfoundland, Northisle nor Helios, but chat worked on Sandycove and Schneefeuer, and of course testing server is called "Staging".
    Try renaming all the worlds so they begin with the letter "S". :P
    Last edited by Nogbad; 05.08.21 at 02:48.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Reply to Thread