Reply to Thread

Thread: Order in the star menu

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Lightbulb Order in the star menu

The star menu fills up more and more with time.
    Over the years more and more items have been added to the menu but the 'order policy' has remained the same as in the beginning.
    Changes need to be made to help the user.
    There are many items that are not useful on a daily basis.

1. Add more tabs (or new menus)
    Generals = Generals (Adventure), Discoverers, Geologists, Generals (Expeditions)
    buff = Increases the production Buffs, Reduces time Buffs, Zone Buffs, attack on a camp Buffs, Skin Buffs

2. Add an archive to each tab.
    (To which items from the main menu can be imported and exported)

3.Add "Sort by" option for each tab individually.

4. Bind 'Premium' into one square
    (For example if there are several 'Premium1 day', combine them into one square like the rest of the buff, which will appear below square number which is the amount of 'Premium1 day' I have)
    https://pasteboard.co/KeujHRa.png

5. Add Sort By Recently Used.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    The way it works i think they need to carve it into different menus instead of adding tabs which seem to bog things down as they fill up

Adding and removing to an archive would be a mayor development as the game doesnt have anything like that yet, this means a lot of developer time - i rather see em spent it on fixing stuff that needs fixing at the decent pace

Sort would be nice but if it is too complex to program, once again i rather see it go to improving performance elsewhere

Dunno if binding similar items to one grid makes a difference in performance- however this should not be a difficult fix, they did it with refills already that all refills of the same type go to 1slot and when using it, u can use slider to select the amount u want to apply. It would make it less cluttered for sure

Sort by recent use-most likely will not make it on a list, it is not something they have done before so the same applies as previously stated- too much effort and time for too little benefit

I hope they will just break it up into 3 different menus as the easiest solution to a resources problem- The more you have in star, the worse your game runs- and opening star will cause the problems.

I havent worked out of you are in a subtab if that makes the lag less or not- If it does (and only BB really knows) Maybe it would be better to default star menu on opening to last position used to avoid the max filled general tab with everything in it (or get rid of that one and by default open in one of the other tabs)

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Anyway come to think of it, by the time we make suggestions they will already started to implement a solution they thought up- which means they wont do a 180 for a good idea :P

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualan View Post
    The way it works i think they need to carve it into different menus instead of adding tabs which seem to bog things down as they fill up

Adding and removing to an archive would be a mayor development as the game doesnt have anything like that yet, this means a lot of developer time - i rather see em spent it on fixing stuff that needs fixing at the decent pace

Sort would be nice but if it is too complex to program, once again i rather see it go to improving performance elsewhere

Dunno if binding similar items to one grid makes a difference in performance- however this should not be a difficult fix, they did it with refills already that all refills of the same type go to 1slot and when using it, u can use slider to select the amount u want to apply. It would make it less cluttered for sure

Sort by recent use-most likely will not make it on a list, it is not something they have done before so the same applies as previously stated- too much effort and time for too little benefit

I hope they will just break it up into 3 different menus as the easiest solution to a resources problem- The more you have in star, the worse your game runs- and opening star will cause the problems.

I havent worked out of you are in a subtab if that makes the lag less or not- If it does (and only BB really knows) Maybe it would be better to default star menu on opening to last position used to avoid the max filled general tab with everything in it (or get rid of that one and by default open in one of the other tabs)

If they work properly in object-oriented programming, programming it will not be difficult.
    The question is how they really wrote the game.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    badly :P

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    lol@Qualan...

archiving stuff in star is not difficult. just a matter of adding 1 more variable to an already bloated system! maybe a tab for all archived stuff would work. it would def work for me

We have a sort option already. this was added some time ago and imo is hopeless. BB never seem to get things quite right when they go off on their own and give us what they think we want. New mail options some time ago I felt was a let down and i was expecting something more like an email client. recent comments suggest that BB are very committed to the game, so perhaps the UI will become more like what players want rather than what BB thinks we want over time.
    Last edited by vigabrand; 15.08.21 at 07:29.

Reply to Thread