Closed Thread
Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: A workaround to still use the old client

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    well.. seems ubi changed logic of resources checksum calculation and server sends zone refresh event all time (memory leak problem)
    i temporally disabled refresh logic (client gots packet but not proceed it)
    pls redownload swf and check

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by SirriS_RU View Post
    well.. seems ubi changed logic of resources checksum calculation and server sends zone refresh event all time (memory leak problem)
    looks much better...until now 1.2GB (~20min of playing)

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Updated file and am delighted to say those freezes have gone, I can play again. Thank you so much once more you have saved the day!

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by amazola View Post
    Thank you so much once more you have saved the day!
    Now imagine at any point sanctions prevent the single guy that does what BB said is impossible from uploading the file, and you're stuck with the 'solution' preventing some of you from playing the game completely, that shoud be done and working in 2019 and not 2023 (assuming they even get it into workable state until next year, which I doubt).

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Have been suffering memory leakage since valentine installation, slowly then, much faster since this latest update, Have tried latest swf but no improvement, after an hour computer is more or less unusable as memory usage hits 96% Looks like unity is only option for me now unless I just want to sign on and send the explorers and geos

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by SirriS_RU View Post
    Thank you SirriS_RU - that last update has fixed the freezes and memory issues I was having since the 14th March upgrade!

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

is it true?

is it true @SirriS_RU that there will be no more clinet versions, coz bb blocked smth you need to prepare file?

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    i can't read actual source code since unity release.. coz don't know how to decompile wasm
    many years past from my first day in tso (2012) and i've got some knowledge how this game works =)
    i will continue modify the file while i can, or until unity become playable

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Greatest news I've heard - your commitment has kept the community together - thank you very much!

Quicknote to BB: You should ask Sirris for an OFFICIAL client release and give hime some insights [and kudos and bucks] - you know, outsourcing a bit of your workloads! [I would not dare speak on behalf of Sirris_RU ofcourse. Just a thought.]

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Zed1977 View Post
    Greatest news I've heard - your commitment has kept the community together - thank you very much!

Quicknote to BB: You should ask Sirris for an OFFICIAL client release and give hime some insights [and kudos and bucks] - you know, outsourcing a bit of your workloads! [I would not dare speak on behalf of Sirris_RU ofcourse. Just a thought.]
    Weird suggestion. They have already said that client is not supported and they are fully committed to unity. Client and flash are history and while useful while unity implementation is struggling, it by no means is the future and most likely will keel over and die in a future OS upgrade edtc.

If you want to support sirrus- u could have bought hin coffee last month or maybe somewhere down the line

sirrus is not outsourced workload for BB, but it is a blessing for many a player who cant run unity smoothly enough yet

Closed Thread