World
    Northisle
    Works just fine here, both versions.

So.... thanks once again Sirris. Never mind the doubters

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad View Post
    Followed the instructions to the letter, but still not getting the "play with client" option appearing.
    So "Play Now" is returning the same failures as before trying to install client.
    Sounds to me like you are missing out the Tampermonkey step That file that you have to create the very first time that you use this method

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by RinceWinde View Post
    hahahahaha.. No.
    Actually IT DOES as already stated by the Genius himself https://forum.thesettlersonline.com/...-MacOS-why-not

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebloom View Post
    Actually IT DOES as already stated by the Genius himself https://forum.thesettlersonline.com/...-MacOS-why-not
    Things have changed after, yes. Doesn't work since my upgrade to Monterey though, but that's another story

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    they will get around to that evetually as well - works of love at the x mas busy period and stuff like that )

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Good work SirriS_RU.
    But there is a problem with that client. On very "crowded" islands client is freezing for 1 second in every several minutes and after about 1 hour it freezes completely.
    It started not with newest version of client.swf, but one earlier.
    Maybe there is a building, which are doing it, idk, but it is pretty anointing.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by kvuyuyv View Post
    Good work SirriS_RU.
    But there is a problem with that client. On very "crowded" islands client is freezing for 1 second in every several minutes and after about 1 hour it freezes completely.
    It started not with newest version of client.swf, but one earlier.
    Maybe there is a building, which are doing it, idk, but it is pretty anointing.
    im not sure but these freezes can be "zone refresh" events..
    client calculate some checksum based on map objects and send to server, if checksum between client and server mismatches server sends whole zone to client with refresh event.. and client must rebuild and recalc everything
    why client make wrong checksum? maybe building corruption, maybe army, it can be everything
    btw you first who told me about that problem

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by SirriS_RU View Post
    im not sure but these freezes can be "zone refresh" events..
    client calculate some checksum based on map objects and send to server, if checksum between client and server mismatches server sends whole zone to client with refresh event.. and client must rebuild and recalc everything
    why client make wrong checksum? maybe building corruption, maybe army, it can be everything
    btw you first who told me about that problem
    This problem appears on "overbuilded" islands (as my own for example). Probably there is a problem with old Flash performance troubles.
    Anyway, this is a lowest cost to play normally without loading, animation and other bugs of Unity as well.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    TSO Android Client (Unofficial) Beta RELEASE

Dear settlers, we are glad to introduce a shiny new mobile client for Android devices (beta version, ha-ha).
    There is preferrable to use it on tablets or Android players (such as BlueStacks, NOX, etc.) for different OS's.
    As you will see on the test video, I have to use a stylus for my mobile phone because of mobile device screen size.

Quick demo: [removed]

If you want to try it, just follow those simple instructions:
    1. Download client APK to your mobile phone: [removed]
    2. Install it (icon DOES NOT appears on the Android desktop after installation, but application will be available in the list of applications so you can easily remove it if necessary)
    3. Open [removed]on your mobile device with browser you prefer
    4. Log in
    5. Tap "Play"

Note: Auth link can be changed in the near future. Please follow the updates in this thread.

If you want to thank us for the job you can donate for a coffee You can find related link in the SirriS profile signature.
    Have a nice day
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 06.07.22 at 12:16.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebloom View Post
    Sounds to me like you are missing out the Tampermonkey step That file that you have to create the very first time that you use this method
    Nope, added the tampermonkey extension, cut n pasted the TSO script into it. Even tried renaming the script to the same name as the text file, this dog aint barking.

The only thing that strayed from the walkthrough on wiki site was that UbiCollect stage, running that popped up a command line box which told me ball colour was red, then started up a "Local Web Server" icon in the tray.
    Other than that, everything was as instructions, and I took the latest link for the .swf file from the link in this thread to ensure the latest version.

Update, Mobile client was successful although I had to re-registr my email add to access forum.
    Thank you Sirris, although mobile is too small a screen to be viable, it gives me a fighting chance to get in via an Android emulator, will start work on that tomoz, you've been more help than the cockwombles who created this unholy mess.
    Last edited by Nogbad; 16.12.21 at 04:31. Reason: Update
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Closed Thread