Closed Thread
Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: A workaround to still use the old client

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotugo View Post
    The TSO client on the wiki is dated 20/11/2021

I used that to uninstall and then reinstall the client, I then copied the latest client.swf into the installed folder and its all working again for me.

Yes, The missing step is...

Re-install the original standalone client from the wiki.

[removed]
    scroll down to :

Download the TSO Client – 32bit: Download From Google Disk (20.10.2021)

Download the TSO Client – 64bit: Download From Google Disk (20.10.2021)

and install the client for your OS.

THEN, replace the .swf with the new one.
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 06.07.22 at 11:59.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    I should have tested some more before posting after doing the reinstall/file replace it's still not fully working, if I keep reloading then it's random whether it actually loads or I get the blue/grey screen. Once it loads if also freezes where you can still open menus, but not move the map after random periods of time. I'm not sure it's worth messing with until another version is released.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotugo View Post
    I should have tested some more before posting after doing the reinstall/file replace it's still not fully working, if I keep reloading then it's random whether it actually loads or I get the blue/grey screen. Once it loads if also freezes where you can still open menus, but not move the map after random periods of time. I'm not sure it's worth messing with until another version is released.
    have the exact same problem deleted everything started from scratch and it loaded first couple times but I couldnt move around the map could chat and open menus etc but couldnt move tried a reload and now just get blue screen again

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    We are aware of this change but I suggest that you do not try it - this may end badly for your system. There is no guarantee it will make any positive changes to your game, and this method doesn't change the game engine - it's still Unity & the same build.

The use of any third-party tools, extensions, etc. is prohibited by TOS. We are not going to have a "witch hunt", but if we ever decide to activate the script in the future, there is no way around it.
    Well BB_Traffer TSO used to be a wonderful, enjoyable, versatile game and I concede that it must be very difficult to transform it.

But TSO is not fun for me anymore ... extralong loading times, bugs, weird notices (like you don't have ... when one has it), freezing, disconnections, etc. make me wonder if it will ever be what used to be

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    I loaded the old clint and clint.swf many times but not working, Does any friend have any real solutions?

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    the current client.swf is not updated fully coz of the hot fix that happend later yesterday. gotta wait for a new one.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    playing this game has being as hard as swimming against a waterfall ..............

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Pls first old Clint is back. Then Unity has waited to work fine. Otherwise, the fat lady will sing a song
    I think Sirris_RU left us
    Last edited by Ferhat56; 21.10.21 at 06:52.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    there are others with their own version, but i presume some tweaking has to be done, when they have available time and interest to do it - it is a work of love )

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualan View Post
    there are others with their own version, but I presume some tweaking has to be done when they have available time and interest to do it - it is a work of love )
    Whom?

Closed Thread