Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Unity Version - Community Update

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Last edited by Cheetah2_777; 13.08.21 at 19:08. Reason: Yesh!

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Last edited by Cheetah2_777; 13.08.21 at 19:20. Reason: it took 10 minutes to load island

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Camalus View Post
    Happy Hour? Really? lmao
    Certainly was the only thing that made me laugh when once again trying to get into the game this morning!
    Miramazzie

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Hi Trafffer,

I think trying to solve those bugs is great but the most important BUG is forgotten: problems to login in. If I am 'lucky' I get a swamp island where I can only see my emails, put a trade and find collies. If I want the full version of the game, I need to keep refreshing, sometimes I get the lucky number after trying the whole day but sometimes not even that. I am sure that I am not the only one having this problem.

I really miss the game after playing for 9 years, so please can we focus in the main bug so every one have a chance to play?

Thank you and have a great day all. :-)

Lumaro

P.S: I note that when I get my swamp island I also get an event calendar, could it be that in time of login it get swap to an event island? I don't know if this information is useful but I thought to mention it just in case help with the login problems.
    Last edited by lumaro; 13.08.21 at 21:35.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Confirmed worse fears that these problems with the system are unlikely to be resolved for the rest of this year

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Intel i5 4 core CPU, 64 bit, 24GB ram, 2GB Graphic Card, Windows 10, Memory Cleaner working 24/7.

Thank You for the explained feedback on what's happening in the background by the Developer Team.

The Mailbox issue has been a 100% problem with all Players which apart from the different Chat Windows is a very very important aspect of our Gameplay. Our needs to be able to communicate among fellow Players is paramount to having a successful interactive Game. Just a simple thing like accepting an Adventure Invite can fail badly because of the amount of reloads required. Invites end up getting cancelled while other Players wait too long. Inter-Guild trading can also suffer as not all trade mails work towards Quest Book Quests. Any improvements will be very welcome by all Players.

A lot of Players (myself included) have days on end where we are not able to see any Guild Chat to the point where we are, by default, playing solo in our own bubble Island. Unless we have made good friends with Players in Global Chat some Quests will be impossible to complete. Guild Chat and Green Lights are a must.

Yes, Lag affects players to different degrees related to different Computer Set-ups. This is a hard issue to fix for the masses. Myself, Lag is not as big a problem as what I hear from others. I have ram to spare, extra installed just before Unity launch. And run Memory Cleaner 24/7 in background.

The BIGGEST PROBLEM Issue is that there are a lot of our Players that can't load up their Island. They all get the "man with the hammer." Then the fail box. The ONLY way I manage to load is to use a VPN for some strange reason. Maybe its a Pacific Region issue. Might be worth a try for others having trouble loading up. A problem this has created is that I get a Zone Refresh every 5 minutes like a timer ticking down. I watch the clock and stop actions before the 5 minutes are up or Gameplay actions don't get completed. GENERALS don't walk to attack or mails don't send or be accepted etc.
    There are times when I have loaded Game up only to find that I'm not a member of my Guild anymore, need to reload again.

Yes, Generals swapping during troop loading or attack send is still a bother, Island transfer slow or hang up, buffing buildings glitchy, explorers geos clicky, to mention a few quirks. Coop Adventures can be a bother watching out that you are not changing troops on another Players General (odd and amusing) BUT overall single Player Adventures run quite smooth.

QUESTION TO DEVELOPERS - Which BROWSER is best for us to use to launch the Game. I use Chrome and have tried Firefox Opera and Microsoft Edge with no differences that I can see, or are they all the same really.

Thank You for the improvements that have happened.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by PharTing View Post
    Did I blink and miss something?

I did not see any mention whatsoever about the connection issues from hammerman or what would seem to be a 32-bit javascript abort failure in the original Unity implementation.

Are these not-able-to-connect players all now in your "bit bucket" and you'll just focus development efforts on the few remaining players who are able to connect?
    I'm with PharTing here - I am disappointed that the inability to actually load the game would get a mention. It's been over a week now, but then it took weeks for this message to be written when the game was changed from the client to unity.

I would have thought also by now too someone might have removed the auto gem sales!

World
    Sandycove
    As nice as it is to get this update information, we are still waiting for info for the players unable to log-in, also a mea culpa from management will go a long way in removing the brunt of the abuse/vitriol aimed at Community Managers and MODS. These people whether employees or volunteers had nothing to do with the decision making that has disappointed us all.

Wrenchy

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    whats being done about a lot of people simply not being able to log in, i can only log in via a VPN thu the USA most of my guild have the same problem,

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by PharTing View Post
    Did I blink and miss something?

I did not see any mention whatsoever about the connection issues from hammerman or what would seem to be a 32-bit javascript abort failure in the original Unity implementation.

Are these not-able-to-connect players all now in your "bit bucket" and you'll just focus development efforts on the few remaining players who are able to connect?
    This is my issue too! Will anything be done to address the fact that since the maintenance I've been unable to log on or will I have to resort to jumping through hoops and try and find a way to set up a VPN just so I can access this now very buggy game? I have spent many years and much money on this game and I would hate for this to be what proves to be the final nail in the coffin. At the moment I'm feeling very much like an "after-thought" member of this community.

Reply to Thread