Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Unity Version - Community Update

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualan View Post
    every "fix" costs time. Time is a limited resource

so yes they can fix a lot "on the go" but that means that other stuff won;t get fixed in a hurry. So it is all about making choices how to spent the available dev time. do 10 "on the go" jobs, each taking 1 hr and then testing that it doesnt break anything else and before you know it, u lost a few days programmer time
    I’ve been playing the game for exactly ten years - so I have some experience in every segment of settlers.
    In the past, while developers were interested in the game's playability, there were downtime for a few hours on consecutive days in case of bugs, and they fixed it.
    The developers had a body server at their disposal, where they could boldly try to implement it - and test the bugs and possibilities.
    This option is now also available where the test can be performed.
    What are you talking about then?
    It's all a matter of intention and will - maybe a suitable programmer!

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Thanks for the info it....it shows there is work behind the scenes....people need to give you a chance to sort things.....its just like a new Beta test again.....ALL GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE THAT WAIT....

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisbence View Post
    I’ve been playing the game for exactly ten years - so I have some experience in every segment of settlers.
    In the past, while developers were interested in the game's playability, there were downtime for a few hours on consecutive days in case of bugs, and they fixed it.
    The developers had a body server at their disposal, where they could boldly try to implement it - and test the bugs and possibilities.
    This option is now also available where the test can be performed.
    What are you talking about then?
    It's all a matter of intention and will - maybe a suitable programmer!
    In the past TSo was a young game with growth potential.

Now TSO is an old game with limited growth potential and negative player retention.

You can work it out from there i hope.

Impossible to compare the past to now and dismiss all woes as lack of intention and will and/or staffing.

BB and UbiSoft are commercial enterprises and will look at games from that perspective

And yes if there is the will and interntion at ubisoft to have a flawless game running in 3 months they can probably do it- but never recover the cost of doing that with the risk of shareholders firing the leadership :P

HunyBun
    I play on 2 servers, Sandycove since 2012 and Northisle simce 2016, and since the last so-called maintenance/update/fix (whatever it was supposed to be) I have been unable to log in to either game. Can't get past the hammer man. My son has the same problem with being unable to play his game.

Perhaps a little more effort should be directed to connection issues rather than all the "fluff" like blurry print etc.

And I refuse to alter my computer setup as a work-round for something that has been created/caused by Blue Byte.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thanks for the update Traffer, unfortunately my ability to play the game is so limited that it is not worth my time to login.
    No chat to start with then unable to make anything in PH, RPH, Mayors house, Elite Barracks, Barracks, book binder etc. Then there is the small matter of being unable to send out my explorers and geologists not to mention that I need a boat to get around my island due to the flooding from climate change. Oh and lets not forget the man with the hammer trying to kill the computer.

There are things I can do but without all the other stuff that I can't do the game is unplayable so waiting patiently for the next update to see if it is worth staying with the game or cutting and running to preserve my sanity.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

767*12/24=383.5

Why 2142 days?

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    My island most of the time is just few block green and blue , buildings load after 10-15 mins Maybe it's only on MacOS but the issues you mentioned have much smaller impact in my opinion. First you need to focus on all login issues as everyone mentioned and general performance .
    Btw, maybe only on MacOs + Chrome but when you click on one window and execute action it doesn't go away , you need to close that window manually always.

World
    Newfoundland
    I logged in using InPrivate (Incognito) window on my browser after stopping all other downloads, clearing browsing data and refreshing the game page on Microsoft Edge. Not easy to log in.
    I noticed that my Epic Farmyard has lost its max production, now it only produces 20 items per cycle. I wrote a ticket earlier this week but no response. Please tell me this can be fixed.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    it can be fixed

although thats the wrong question to ask

better ask if it will be fixed

but then tumbleweeds come a racing through

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Ty Traffffler for this great improvement regarding communications. BB on the right path here. But much more remains to be fixed. Could you plz address how you think we're gonna be compensated for the loss of our premium and those who had pfb running? What about those not being able to log in? Are you giving us lost days starting from the implementation of Unity? I'm sure you have some sort of idea how BB gonna make up the losses!! Happy Hour is NOT the answer!!

Reply to Thread