Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Anniversary Event 2021

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    BB_Trafffer I think this event is just one big joke. But it's not 1st April! On my very powerful Mac it takes 10 minutes to load some buildings. There is such lag and it seems it's Unity / whatever you use. I thought it's my Mac , fine ,but it turns our ppl with Windows have issues too.
    Can you tell us what BB developers / QA use and how it's possible it works fast for them ? Maybe there is some config change needed to play it normally

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    I Cant login: I can't complete opening all doors and send out explorers.
    Event failed. Sorry, I tried.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Pretty tone deaf imho

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    So, 28 years of The Settlers (Amiga), 27 years of The Settlers (PC), 11 Years of "The Settlers Online", 1 year of a clunky client, and 1 month of the complete disaster that is Unity! Could have been so much better had you actually bothered to fix the problems that were reported on the Test server - all that testing by your customers was a complete waste of time, as you just ignored the feedback.

I think I'm just going to do what I've been doing for the last month - and that is leaving my island mostly sleeping, and very slowly (because that is the only way to do it!) sending out exp's and geo's. No adv's, no trade, and now no event play for me as Guilds are now nearly extinct!

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    I could not believe my eyes when I read this in DD:

It's been wonderful 27 years on PC, a long, meaningful and nice journey which we'd like to celebrate with a special.
    Till the last moment I thought that BB is gonna scrap the celebration.

Now we all have to use Flash Client workaround ........... lol

My goodness .............. this is sooooooooo surreal .............

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualan View Post
    The only gazing i did, was the sheer amount of gem items in this event and the incredible lack of info on non gem rewards.

If you really expect people to fork over that much cash for this shit-show called unity, then you truely have lost your marbles
    That was what I thought as I read how we can acquire most of rewards in this event. Doubt we'll get to community totals. Only a handful of our guild is even back after the month long log in failure. Just doesn't sit right.

World
    Sandycove
    Well things for me have improved a little this week on unity ... But only enough to do routine island maintenance. Going off island ... don't be silly!
    Will it have improved by Monday for the `non event' ? No, it will be worse as all of us that are left strain the servers even more to at least try to get some game out of it. Even in this state there will be players wanting those new shiny items on offer, and as there will be little chance of getting them through game play ( on unity ) what option are they left with? Yep paying for them. BB know this and whilst it may seem morally wrong to most of us, morals have little place in business any more and BB is a business, and as we have seen a pretty incompetent one at that, so taking a moral stance is not in the option sheet.
    I for one will try to do the event from my island, I do not know how far I'll get ( Till complete a mission Lol) with quests etc, But here's the thing, I often poor scorn on the donation figures that BB produce, and think the amounts are pre-made to fit the timetable. I noted that the second figure is not announced ( as it has had to be changed down on previous events to reflect some reality) so no surprise there. Whilst I will make balloons as per quest line and donate those required to proceed. I will not be donating any to the server in protest to the state of the game. I will not be `paying to play' and will not be using the work around client, it's just my way of telling BB what the state of play is with their game, and not to give them any way of saying ` We fixed it' from any extrapolated event figures.
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    What is the celebration about?

The dying process of this game isnt something people should celebrate.
    Life isnt about finding yourself, Life is about creating yourself!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Well, they asked for feedback and got plenty and then ignored it, why am I not surprised

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    Maybe I would have cared about the anniversary if I could enjoy playing the game. As it is now the game is unplayable for me.

Reply to Thread