Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Anniversary Event 2021

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Are we genuinely being told that someone in that office took the time to check all the accounts/servers to see how many balloons are in stores? ''If'' they did then the time could have been better spent working on more important issues - there is a long list of these on the forums.
    This takes them no time at all.

They have tools and reports that tell them everything about what we players do.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by drouc View Post
    I'm not going to comment on how impossible it is to play this event without using the old client as much has already been said about that and I'm not sure BB are taking any notice. Focusing my feedback solely on event, +1 vote (x 1,000,000 if I could) to get rid of that awful 'complete an 11+ adv' quest. I could just about understand if you absolutley had to include it just once towards the end to provide a certain level of difficulty and therefore feeling of attainment but there are so many of them that it makes that quest impossible for so many players.

Also, the sheer number of quests in the quest chain (the one that gives you a scouting post at the end) along with 10 whole rounds of the celebrathon quest - it was doable in 3 weeks last year even for those that could only play a short while per day but to do them all in 2 weeks requires a really intense level of playing. You either need to decrease the number of rounds, remove the quests that send explorers on searches or increase the length of event to 3 weeks again next year otherwise players will very quickly realise they won't get through them all and give up as the rewards generally aren't worth it until you get to the end.

You also really need to have a proper look at which players are still active and have been active for a while. There are a lot of dead accounts on the servers and a lot of new players who give up really quickly - the level you have set for players to receive dough is still too low - It should be in the 60s.

Finally, I think rewards have been mentioned above. I am grateful BB give us freebies in events but I think you need to reconsider what players actually appreciate. Field medic generals, even for low level players, are not useful but just add to the clutter of star menu. Anyone who has been playing for a couple of years will most likely have a few scouting posts - I had 3 before this event and I didnt 'buy' a single one. I could already use it once a day if I really wanted to, a 4th one is really not necessary and just takes up a lot of land to build it. However, I do want to say thanks that the most useful reward (old school barracks) was given after round 5 of celebrathon - this makes it fairly attainable for almost everyone - low levels, casual players etc.

Perhaps when designing next years anniversary event BB, look at it from the perspective of the average player - if you're not sure who that is then maybe do some sort of poll or survey to find out. My guess is it would tell you it's a player at a mid - late 60s level who has been playing for a few years and maybe spends one or 2 hours a day playing. Consider what they would find useful and where to draw the line between challenging and just plain impossible.

Before you do any of that though PLEASE FIX UNITY!!
    I don't actually mind the lv 11+ addy quests over and over but celebrathon chain and scouting post chain do start to get annoying when you need to do a venture, then a scenario, then lv11+ and so on.

Fully agree about the rewards, stop giving us field medic general????

Didn't BB say they redesigned the event calendar since it's gonna be 2 weeks only? You call this a good calendar? 50 arquebuse/500 adv tools/500 mahogany planks on a special door, this is a joke, not to mention the other doors.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    The dough stuff is a non-issue since you can just convert candles into it. Any high level players will get more than enough candles from explorers to make enough cakes to last the event (If they could actually send out explorers at the moment). The scouting post is still useful for players that don't have them, but no players who still need the scouting post are going to be high level enough to actually reach that part in the questline.

The funny thing about this event is it really shows how stupid the switch to the broken unity client was, we get a nice big progress bar showing that about half the players have given up the game vs last year, this doesn't even take into account any adjustments BB made to try and make it look like more people were playing.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland

Community Goal 2 - Update

Dear Settlers,

During this Event, you made the impossible possible and displayed the perfect example of how a community can come together to achieve even the most challenging of goals.
    The second week's target was, under the present conditions, perhaps aimed a little bit high - but taking into consideration the number of Balloons you all still have in the game, we are sure that this goal was doable under normal conditions; you made it up to an amazing 80% of the goal!

To reward the efforts you made to make this event a happy celebration, we decided to hand out the full "Community Goal 2" Reward to all players who were active during this event!

We also want to inform you that the Adventure Bookbinder was noted as "Can be obtained once during this event". However, this was a remnant of the Text of 2020 and he did not make it into the Event of 2021. Instead, you got one of the lovely Balloon markets for your Island!
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 20.09.21 at 15:13.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thank you

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Thank you. Much appreciated.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    Thank-you too.

World
    Newfoundland
    ty for the gifts. very nice

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    How did the number contributed this year compare to the number last year? That will give an insight into the state of the game

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Phase 2 last year seems to have been 1.500.000.000 balloons and if memory serves me right this was achieved

Reply to Thread