Reply to Thread

Thread: New quest and zone refresh loop

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland

New quest and zone refresh loop

Today I have had the following happen to me a few times now.

1: I get a notification sayin "You have received a new quest" and a zone refresh happens on top of it.

2: I go to the quest book (when I have a few seconds of game not hanging) but there is no new quest, the zone refresh "undid" it.

3: step 1 happens again and keeps doing it like an endless loop.

Only thing to do is refresh browser and it seems ok for a while until it all happens again making the game unplayable since both getting a new quest and zone refreshes make the game hang.
    Last edited by Niclin; 17.09.21 at 14:43.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Yes, I am having the same frustration here too. After a short period of elation about actually being able to log in finally, after a month of the dreaded hammer man, this zone refreshed loop which makes my game go back in time a minute or so and reverses all the actions I just took, is seriously annoying :-(

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Yesterday Zone refresh needed to occur two times while I was using Fairy Fire to gater all collectibles quickly.
    I had to click on some stuff twice and in the end the five minutes of marking where not enough.
    Fairy Fire is available for crystals.
    If we have to pay to get rid from the annoying and messing "Zone refresh", please say the price.
    If there's no other way to create some events to control the area and the quests - move away from the trashy Unity already.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Unfortunately this game refresh is really messing up game play, resulting in a very negative user experience.

For example, you want to create something in the provision/rarity provision house, you click to confirm but then the refresh happens. there's nothing listed in the production queue so you try again, only to find out later that it registered the initial item. This is especially annoying if you only need the item for a venture/scenario etc. Yes, you can use them later but it's still a nuisance because it clogs up your star menu with unusable items and, quite simply, it's irritating when the game is not behaving in the manner it should.

A second example is when you select items to be traded in the trade house. Just as you confirm a refresh occurs. The item does not appear to be listed so you add it again (note: the message that says you have added an item to be traded, in the top left-hand corner of the screen, does not appear,) You realise that the item was "listed" twice when you check your trading history (assuming it has been purchased).

As faivq mentions above, the refresh occurs and collectibles you just clicked on go back to being "not collected".

Checking loot mails (e.g. adventures, explorers etc) results in refresh which freezes the game which means, a) you need to go through the mails again or b) you never find out what you received.

I cannot be sure but I think the game glitched during a refresh and as a result I lost some gems. It was an anniversary task (a peaceful celebration - complete 2 mini missions) which i know for a fact i had not completed. I had just completed an unrelated task but the mini mission task disappeared then reappeared in green and my gems were missing. I did not click on the gems to auto-complete the task. I had clicked gems for a task involving a co-op mission yesterday but that was a completety different quest chain.

I also seem to have lost gems when i tried to open a mystery box (prize from one of the elite quest chains). When I click to accept the gems, it refreshed and i have no idea if they were added. The page freezes then speeds up so you if you don't have your eye on the gem counter at the right moment, you have no idea what was added or not (and, no, i do not memorise my gem count).

I understand there have been lots of updates and the transition has been hard, expecially now with covid/home office etc, but i would really appreciate it if we could make this constant refreshing more stable. I feel like I spend half my time waiting for the game to unfreeze, not to mention wondering if the action i performed actually happened.

The updates that have happened have been great and I do appreciate the effort that has been put into improving game play. If we could just improve the zone refresh then I think the game will be much closer to be being as good as it was on the client.

Thanks!
    Last edited by DrLucien2020; 19.09.21 at 11:58.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    This was the bottom, I guess. The Zone refresh eat the Grain conflict scenario last buff - twice!
    I canceled the scenario and tried again - and the Zone refresh ocured exactly again before the last buff was to be ready.
    So the adventure cannot be finished. And the event's quest chain that needed scenario cannot be finished.
    Remove the Zone refresh - it literally makes the game unplayable.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    I can not understand how anyone can play the game in the current state.

I still hope performance will be acceptable sometime, so I am still logging in daily to get my daily login bonus. But just logging on takes me 5-10 minutes. And when I get in it is horribly laggy with the constant zone refresh everyone else is experiencing. Trying to do anything is just so frustrating.

World
    Sandycove
    Hello Larili.

We already have topics for the "Zone Refresh" issue in the forum, so feel free to share your comment in the existing threads instead of creating a new one.

"Zone Refresh" is a known bug and we are working on fixing it, but since it's a complicated issue, it requires more time.

Well Trafffer I had a quick look and the only topics with zone refresh have been locked, you did not actually link to where you wanted me to stick it ( I have a very un ladylike idea where I have a good mind to stick it ) But as this was the closest I could find that wasn't locked that was `zone refresh' specific, I'll post it again here:

FWIW ( I won't hold my breath that it will be acted upon! But there's always hope)

27.10.21 Larili wrote:
    Ok had enough of this zone refresh and all the issues it causes. Can someone at BB please tell us why the `Zone' has to be refreshed every twenty seconds in unity?
    Further more why any development time ( and in game resources ) was allocated to having the notification text to appear on the screen to tell me that a zone refresh has occurred? Why do I need to know? The game is resource hungry, far more than it should be, so instead of adding useless notifications ( New Quest / quest failed / zone refreshed ) Take them out and reduce the load.
    As fate happens, just yesterday I logged on and started my routine stuff, while island loading collect mails, send out explorers. Half way through sending explorers, all smoothly I should add, I realised that the `zone refresh ' had not occurred.... I continued at pace to make the most of it. All sent, commented about it on chat... still no refresh. Island all loaded, went through the quest book, gave the golem a bath, collected all the collectables ( Now there was a concern that four collectable type sparklies were activated around S1, even before I started collecting and I wondered if that would effect the totals. But no, all as should be.
    It was about twenty minutes in ( coincidence? ) before I got the first `zone refresh ' and during that time the game was playable like it was on client. Not perfect but none of the teeth gritting issues we have been enduring on Unity. Now being sceptical and suffering to much good feelings towards BB. After that refresh I went back to look at all my explorers, geos, and buff placements to make sure they stuck ( We have been here before, haven't we players? ) But no everything was working as it should. Now it was a quick `maintenance visit' on my part and I did not go on adventuring ( had enough of that teeth grinding experience on Saturday). But again it got me thinking about the issue of the zone refresh timing within the coding. So Please Please Please and pretty Please would someone please look into the numerical value activating the zone refresh and make it like it was before around 20 mins. At twenty seconds it is creating more problems than it could possibly be catching. Even if there is a `secret' reason and not a simple coding error for such rapid refresh rates, could you at least try lengthening it on test just to be sure, at this stage you really have nothing to lose.
    The post was about a bug, a bug that actually worked in the games favour, so I thought was worth sharing, as it highlighted what the frequent zone refresh was doing and that nothing dramatic happened when it didn't. As it only occurred this once, and the game reverted to the appalling state of affairs with the next log on, it is technically a bug, but one that should of been of interest to anyone with a serious intention of getting the Unity version to work properly. If the players client is working and it does not have this frequent refresh ( I checked with players on the players client with this ) It begs my first question `why such a frequent refresh is deemed necessary for Unity' Is it? or is it a programming mistake?
    I know how `complicated' it must be to find a line of code and change the value for those not knowing what they are doing. Here's a thought have you thought of out sourcing the problem?
    I thought it would be helpful but as you have shown being helpful is treated with contempt so I won't be bothering again. I'll just keep high lighting the incompetency of those at BB who are working ( Pah! ) on this game.
    Last edited by Larili; 09.11.21 at 22:42.
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Reply to Thread